No announcement yet.

Suggestions for ?go NEWPUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this new map is great! The tweaked settings and the reckless abandon with which this map was made, really pose a challenge to those who play it. Would be kinda funky with this as the pub map.

HOORAY FOR ?GO NEWPUB
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

I agree PUSHER. I really think sharks need to be made even better then they are in NEWPUB though, they need a few more mines, a few more reps, and the recharge rate of a wb. They should probably get more energy and some thors too.

Comment

Too much like the classic Trench II map which noone seemed to like either.

That little room on top does nothing, unless there's going to be a flag in there too like in the Trench II. If that is the case, then it would mean either: the flag is going to be too out of the way to be any good, or there will be multiple flags, which I am steadfastly against.

The flag room is wider and more spacious which should make it safer from levi attacks, but there's something about the dimensions that I don't like. Maybe it's just not proportionally longer vertically as I am used too.

There are far too many obstacles (walls and barriers) in the lower room. That makes it far too bomb-friendly. The side entrances that go up to just under the flag room are too narrow and easily defendable. Javs would over-dominate in this map (at least, the javs that do more than sit in flag room lobbing fancy bounces) but the overcrowded lower room makes it too difficult to attack if the opponent is using javs. One thing this map looks like it does is funnel attackers into one small space where a jav bomb can take them all out. Even though the base looks larger than the current one, it will obviously become much too crowded inside the newmap.

I don't know what effect the base will have on the lower base. There are barriers lining the left and right that may insulate the lower room from L3 bombs, but it is so cramped inside that I can't make a judgement without seeing it in action.

The tiles for the outer walls are too dark and blend into the backdrop too much. Of course, a change in tileset is a minor adjustment.

This map is far too complex. TW has always been about simplicity, whether it's in the settings, the rules, or the base. The simpler the base, the better. This map seems to have added too much stuff just for the sake of adding too much stuff. The best new map should be a straight evolution of the current map, just as it was a straight evolution of the one before it. The new map seems to be a mutation of the unpopular Trench II map.

Comment

NEWPUB FOR NEW PUBLIC MAP!

Lots of love,
          Left_Eye
          sigpic

Comment

The map stinks - I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you're making a new map, then make a completely different one. Not some twisted dumbass version of the current one.

The tileset sucks - same as for the map - either keep the old one, or make a completely new one. Meaning new colours aswell. If public is getting an overhaul, then do it properly.

Shipset - This is a joke right? Slower ships and faster bullets - is it a common oppinion that it's too hard to kill in TW - thus needing to decrease a pilots ability to dodge, while increasing the aim on the ships? Also, having different shipsize on the ships makes this too weird. I'm sure we'd all love this too if we'd been playing with these settings for as long as we've played with the current ones, but I just can't get myself to like this at all. If something is going to change, then by god let it be the map/tilset, and not the ships. (Oh, changes to the levi would be nice though )
            "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

It has Extreme Games settings (more or less) Why would the most popular zone try to imitate a less popular one?
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                It has Extreme Games settings (more or less) Why would the most popular zone try to imitate a less popular one?
                Oh wait thats right because it's a horrible map with no actual basing.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

This new map looks like the old pub map when I play drunk...only the Warbird moves even slower....
                  2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
                  Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

It looks like Ari made it while high on acid.

Whatever, I'm retired :X
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Can someone take a screen shot of it and post it so I can make fun of it too?

Please, I just want to be a part of something.

Comment

http://www.cool-mobile.net/pub.gif

there u go.
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

It looks like a sneezed version of the current map, except with flem, mucus, and distortion.

*ACHOOO*

Comment

?go newpub

First I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions and comments. I really appreciate the input.

I had alot of fun making it, like I do with all my maps/events. But in this particular case...

I haven't laughed this hard in quite a while, my stomach still hurts.
                            I was amazed at the fact so many people took it seriously. I guess some people want a fresh map so badly that they would accept near to anything.

The map also attracted more people than any of my serious attempts to make a new public map. Ouch!

I would have loved to actually put the map up in pub for a day and give PriitK the scare of his life, but the joke was kind of wearing thin in the end.

I hope we can all be friends again soon

PS: For anyone who is wondering, it took like 2 minutes to make.
                            PSS: Check out the maps in ?go oldtrench1 to oldtrench5, great to see how TW had developed over the years.

Comment

Ack... I r n00b...

I wrote my review about ?go NEWMAP instead of ?go NEWPUB.

Now that we know newpub is a joke... I can but hope that newmap is too...

Comment

I love it

Seems that not many people have a sense of humor

Comment

Working...
                                X