Suggestions for ?go NEWPUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fewer changes

I have never posted or even registered here before, but after playing the new map a bit I feel it is my responsibility to do so. The new map is honestly not that bad. We could use a little less structure in the pub map than currently exists. However, I think the FR needs to be reworked, because I agree that a lopsided FR makes for a lopsided battle. So, a little more symmetry there, and a little widening of the side tubes and everything will be nice. The main problem (meaning the biggest problem) is the new ship settings. They are simply awful. First off, the main culprit, the weasel. I do like that the weasel now can't cloak and stealth without losing energy. I think that should be added to the current pub settings. However, weasels that can cloak, have the fastest bullets around, and are only 4 pixels wide are simply not fair, especially with the lag that always exists in TW. It is necessary to take into account the fact that reducing a ship's size gives it a twofold advantage: smaller clipped area for walls and a smaller clipped area for bullets and bombs (even proxy'ed bombs). All this, in addition to stealth and cloak and increased speed and increased bullet speed is totally unbalancing.

Weasels suck. Let's try to keep it that way.

I think that all the other ship changes, although interesting, are unnecessary to change the feel of the game. The map changes and one or two minor changes are all that's needed for a good time for all. A little conservatism is in order here; we play TW because of what it is now, not what we want it to be. It's fun the way it is, and maybe it is time to spice it up a bit, but radical changes are not what we need. A new but (more) similar map would be good, and tweaking, not changing the ship settings is also in order. Thanks for listening, and I hope I can bring a little bit of focus to this thread. Concentrate, people.

edit: oops. got me.
    Last edited by reel_bad; 08-13-2002, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiba
      its just the joke that keeps on giving

Comment

I find it amazing (actually the word I'm looking for lies somewhere along the lines of sad) that so many people take this seriously. Really.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Even though Ari admitted it was a joke, I think it might be fun if Mantra or who ever hosted some games in it

And why my post earlier came after his reply?? My computer didn't show all reply so there were only four of them on my screen..
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

So when can we expect the shipment of illegal narcotics and firearms?
            sage

Comment

a
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

omg dont replace the current map with this 1 lol. like many said if u want a change change the tiles and leave the rest $
                The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

The settings are horrible.. too fast.. the reps are too big.. just replace the old titleset by the new one
                  btw.. GJ Ari

-Arobas
                  TW Bot Developer
                  TW Web Developer
                  Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                  Friends> It's like death

Comment

ok, for any of you to even question the fact that this map is a joke, you're a freaking idiot.

The first thing you should've done when you entered was laugh. If you were like "wtf, i don't want this map" you really should take some sort of class on getting a sense of humor. You disgust me.
                    Ну вот...

Comment

Whatever happened to the two new maps that were up about a 6 months ago? There were two different maps that were up for like a week and then they were gone.
                      Choose the Best or Die Like the Rest!

Comment

Working...
                      X