Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars is back up!

Hooray!
    Last edited by Lucon; 12-04-2003, 08:04 PM.
    The pleasure's all mine.

1. trench wars is up in certain areas at certain times
    2. trench wars may not be up for sure, ie: back yet.
    3. trench wars could close down again.

lets cross our fingers and hope we're in the clear though.
    DELETED

Comment

nvm what i said here.....
      Last edited by miak; 12-04-2003, 10:10 PM.
      i RdE teh soRt bUS To sHcooL

Comment

December 5th, 2003 4:41 EST

hmmm... seems as if tw is back down again... It seemed fine to me last night, no lag no nothing.... This bites.
        MusLimStuDiO1> Italian girls are hot
        Jesus = Terrorist> Yeah, even with their hairy mustaches.

MusLimStuDiO1> So aren't all animals technically nude???
        Skeptical> No you may not rape them.
        MusLimStuDiO1> LoL.. DamN

Comment

Yippie! It is back down..

PRAISE THE LORD!
          dopeshow / Chan

People said his brain was infected by devils..

Comment

T-T
            The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

If it appears to be down for you, remove tw on your list then add it, its worked twice for me.

Comment

As you all have noticed, TW has been up and down the past few days. We are continuing to be DoS attacked constantly, which is ruining the fun for us all (not to mention costing us $$)

Priitk is taking steps to solve the problem but it will be a few days before things can get back to normal.

I suggest everyone have a nice weekend, maybe go outside and play in the snow. Go play golf or go fishing or something else outside, to take your mind off the lack of Trench Wars.
                "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Hm, that doesn't seem to work for me.
                  The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Check this link out, it explains about Distributed Reflected Denial of Service attack.

http://grc.com/dos/drdos.htm

This guy at Gibson Research who really knows his Network Security stuff, was attacked last year and even had trouble.

There is a full explaination about this DoS attack method. I'm not sure if its the case with our much beloved TW server, who knows maybe its even something more complex.

Like KJW said, this is extremely serious matter and at the same time scary.

Whoever is doing this, they are hurting/annoying a lot of innocent people and "what goes around comes around"....karma always gets you in the end.

Comment

Fuck karma, the feds will get you in the end

kinky
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
                        Priitk is taking steps to solve the problem but it will be a few days before things can get back to normal..
                        The problem, as I understand it, is that basically nothing CAN be done, except maybe catch the offender. Let me postface this by mentioning that I'm just a networking newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
                          As you all have noticed, TW has been up and down the past few days. We are continuing to be DoS attacked constantly, which is ruining the fun for us all (not to mention costing us $$)

Priitk is taking steps to solve the problem but it will be a few days before things can get back to normal.

I suggest everyone have a nice weekend, maybe go outside and play in the snow. Go play golf or go fishing or something else outside, to take your mind off the lack of Trench Wars.
                          Sorry nothing in EG or real life simulate baseelim, fuxorz
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Blergh, tw is down and I hate it. No more saturday morning ssing for me I guess...I could do some studying now...I could....
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
                              [...]maybe go outside and play in the snow. Go play golf or go fishing [...]
                              Playing golf in the snow?

Ill try that.
                              Bilange> i love getting repped
                              Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
                              ----
                              Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

Working...
                              X