X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dabram
    public basing events:
    freqs of 20v20 or even more.
    and 50% of those fuckers leave when they're losing. so it ends up with 10v20..

private basing events:
    u have normal freqsizes
    competition
    and no one leaves when their team starts losing.

-bram
    20v20.

The freqs are capped to 15 each. Any ER who hosts with larger teams is making a big mistake.

If it was hosted more often, people would be less curious and the arena would get less crowded over time, but it has to be hosted regularly - you will get a regular player base that keeps coming back, and those who don't enjoy it will stop coming. There are a lot of dynamics involved in the popularity of hosted events.

Apparently staff no longer has the patience for establishing a regular player base for hosted public basing, so they've resorted to private basing to appease the more picky.
    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
      louis, i do host public basing events. I have only once seen you there to help keep the teams even.

I pick terrs to keep the game basically even.

Even then the sharks are good BUT A TEMA CAN't JUST BE 2 SHARKS and a TERR. THE other members have to help to with 5 or 6 javs on a freq... you get my point?

Thanks.
      It's good that you pick terrs, that's the first step towards quality public basing. As for the other team members.. if staff worked together to host public basing often enough, all the useless people would give up and quit and you'd be left with the people who really enjoy it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if public basing converted pub "spawners" into new-found "basers."
      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Why isn't RoboBase used effectively? There should be constant advertisements and the basing arena should be capped at 15v15 (if it isn't already).
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

One of you ER's should start hosting a weekly (at least) basing marathon. I tried it three or four times when I was an ER. I hosted a minimum of six different base maps (usually stopped around eight or ten though) in a row. Trust me, you'll be a pubber's new bestest friend!
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
            Why isn't RoboBase used effectively? There should be constant advertisements and the basing arena should be capped at 15v15 (if it isn't already).
            The last time I went to a ?go basing after an ad, flosk of ppl came as suualy, then left 1 by1, never got ne basing under way.

Comment

last robobase add i saw brought in 8 people...
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I'd rather play 4 vs 4 than 30 vs 30, or even 15 vs 15.

Comment

Not me, 4v4 pisses me off because I can't be a wb
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

My preference is anywhere between 8v8 and 15v15.

Freqs capped at 15? Well, all well and dandy. What do the other 30 people do in the meantime lou? Also, I beleive brookus was reffering to quantity. Yep, that certainly can be attributed to the increase in private basing. Which can be attributed to the decrease in public hosted basing. Once in a while, when someone freshly makes <ER>, thinking of Dark! specifically at the moment, they'll flood us with basing goodness. And then, for whatever reason, they'll taper off and finally cease. I'm not saying an <ER> should be expected to keep up the five hostings of base a night, but one or two would be nice

But thats not my complaint. My complaint is about the 20-30 person freqs.

Comment

I try to host at least 2 a day, usually in a row.

The fact is, someitmes i just want to play, but no one else will host a base game. So i am stuck hosting and i can't enjoy a game while dealing with lagouts/shipchanges etc...
                      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

My solution: Remove levis from pub and put antispawn system on (nrg deplete and shields for couple seconds after spawning) so staff won't have to host basing events so often.
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Well, i hosted 2 or 3 games this morning and i picked terrs. And one promptly proceeded to quit. I won't msg any names because i don't want to embarrass people so i'll use code.
                          ASDFSAFASD

1 game we had was actually a good one.
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Some of you guys r pretty stupid.

Lots of people like basing.. hence the 30v30

Playing priv basing is the only way to have a decent base game with a certain level of skill and lag.

I suggest adding a arena limit of 25 in basing arenas and playing a 10v10. It's better that 20 people play a good game than 60 people play a shite one.

-peace

Comment

The issue with doing that, RR, is that it by nature excludes people. Anything the staff hosts and adverts for really ought to be available to anyone. Which is why I think that they should, in the case of a 60 person arena, just host another game at the same time.

As far as priv basing goes, I'm starting to lean towards Lou's side. When there are 25 people in priv base, and a bunch of staff.... host a public game instead.... much better. Eh, but what do I know?

Comment

You would find that the public game would be empty because half of the people who show for the private basing won't show up for the public because they see it as nothing more than crowding and lag.
                                And shit like that....Hey! Who's up for pimpwar?
                                sage

Comment

Working...
                                X