No announcement yet.

"Trusted list" for captain in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just better judgement by the person starting the bot, maybe checking with people that they feel can cap if they want to cap

sometimes guys run in, hand it to 2 people without even checking if they are afk or not...
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

3 options:

1 - Give powers to me and only me
        2 - Have a vote before every game
        3 - Have a "good caps" list, somehow.

Note: Do not trust staff to know who can cap or not, that's dumb.

-RR

Comment

How would people that don't play as much as the rest of you get to cap? I wouldn't say I'm a bad cap, I just never had the chance to get as much as experience as you guys. This would implement that newer people that want to try stuff out would never get to try it out.

EDIT: Zeus is cool.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

There are a few types of bad captains, and each bad captain generally falls into one of these catagories:

a) The guys that have hardly ever played in the arena, and have no idea who plays what ships. End up picking a horrible and useless team. Most of the time everyone on the team will spec before the game is over.

b) The guys that are similar to type A, but pick their friends in ships that they suck at, just because they asked them to.

c) The guys who maybe have a decent team, but fuck it up by not subbing people that leave, or by putting themselves in a non-spider ships and screwing it up for everyone.

d) Assholes that set out to intentionally make the game bad. I mean, people that pick 5 lancasters or whatever. These are the same kinds of people that will setcaptain to MatchBot (IT'S A HILARIOUS COMEDY JOKE EVERY TIME!)

Anyway, once you've played enough games, or hung out in the arena long enough, you're going to be able to cap ok. The first few games I captained, I really didn't know who to pick so my teams were not that great. But now that I have a general idea of who is and isn't good at what ships, I can pick a decent team. Then again, there are still people that can really ruin a game just because they're having a bad day, or just want to be a prick.
            sdg

Comment

Doesn't !notplaying prevent you from becoming captian?

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                  There are a few types of bad captains, and each bad captain generally falls into one of these catagories:

d) Assholes that set out to intentionally make the game bad. I mean, people that pick 5 lancasters or whatever. These are the same kinds of people that will setcaptain to MatchBot (IT'S A HILARIOUS COMEDY JOKE EVERY TIME!)

I am D all the way, in other words stop picking me as a captian, and no i have too much pride to setcaptian someone else. if you dont like my lineups then leave, thanks
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

im pretty sure im a trustable guy
                    Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                    Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Throw me on that list. I rarely cap, but when I do you can be sure I'll put together a solid lineup.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Well I know I can be on the trusted captain's list, I win like 80% of the games I cap. And I dont ask for cap a couple of games if I just capped one. I dont like that Tictacs/ wbm/ please try to resit gets cap like 10 games in a row and then fucks up 9 of them.

Anyways, the voting system will be biased too.. I mean one squad has many people on, and they all go vote for 1 captain, wich may suck after, it will always be friends picking someone. What I tend to do when I am cap, is not put the people in who ask me to put them in, really only the people that ask more then once. Like Fire Phoenix. Everytime you are cap, you will get 20 msgs from him saying. WB ME. This is a good idea tho, I only hope this list wont be biased. A voting system wont work though IMO, I mean it just takes up more time. And there already are captains that take 20 min, to pick a team.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

only 2000 * usage people should be able to be cap so that must be nerds or people that just play very long
                          admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
                          twlb champ season 8 10 11
                          twdtj champ season 3

Comment

I see you people are "whining" about bad captains, but what do you do to change it?
                            The case is that when a staffer comes to ?go base to pick captains he has 30 people in the arena and only a few (quite often like 1 or 2 and they might even have been caps in the last game) are interested in capping. Then people complain when he picks them.
                            If you want to get good captains, say you want captainship yourself! Otherwise no improvement will be seen.

Comment

I understand, and agree with, the objective of making ?Base games more competitive. I understand, and agree with, that the ‘picking of the captains’ is one of the most important processes in making the game competitive. However, I am not so sure that I agree with making the ‘picking of the captains’ a popularity contest. While making the games more competitive, it will also make the ?Base arena seem even more elitist to those who are not as experienced. So while fixing one problem this might exacerbate another.

I think there are three main approaches to the issue of this issue, totally random, semi-random, and non-random approaches. (Note: there are many ways to implement each one of these three approaches.)

A. Totally random – Algorithmically generated teams, all players (including captains) and ships are completely random.

B. Semi-random – Examples include: algorithmically generated teams but chosen captains, chosen teams but algorithmically generated ships, etc. etc.

C. Non-random teams – Chosen ships/players in some manner. Assigned, voted, picked ships/players (including captains) and teams.

Pros and Cons
                              A. Totally random
                              Pros include; ‘everyone plays’, statistically good chance of competitive games, generates new approaches and strategies, generates opportunities and experience to play in ships that people normally wouldn’t play, best approach for long-term growth of the game.
                              Cons include; people bail if they don’t like team/ship/or teammates, people bitching about team/ship/or teammates, less elite image(?),

B. Semi-random
                              Pros include; allows best of both approaches?
                              Cons include; middle of the road solution?

C. Non-random teams
                              Pros include; Elite arena image, best players usually play, when there is a competitive game…it is usually a very good game.
                              Cons include; Popularity contests, perceived as elitist, statistically less chance of competitive games, facilitates the same player and ship configuration to be used over and over (boring), less experienced players have harder time being included, poor approach for long-term growth of the game.

Obviously, I have not thought through every combination nor have I thought through all the ‘pros and cons’ of each approach but I am leaning towards thinking that the best approach might some type of B. Semi-random, ‘human’ input combined with some algorithmically generated randomness.
                              Last edited by Ephemeral; 01-08-2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

How about deleting ?go base.
                                who agrees?

People are getting egos.
                                (Points at RabbitRappist) :/
                                some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                                1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                                1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Working...
                                X