Cpt. Guano! for sysop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpt. Guano! for sysop

Priitk and Dock> are useless. Cpt. Guano! is rocking it hardcore trying to come up with new bots for TWL, being sysop would surely make this easier (epi or ephemeral or one of those E name guys said that programming in TW is hard because they don't have access to a lot of the computery stuff). If Cpt. Guano! was made sysop we'd actually have an active head of staff guy, something TW hasn't had for years. I know Priitk basically created the game, but he is NEVER on anymore, so why not give the powers to someone who will actually use them?

P.S. Morris for sysop if Cpt. Guano! isn't suitable for you bitches.

P.P.S. Oh yeah, I went there.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

I second that, Cpt. Guano would be a great sysop.

Comment

I agree!
      Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
      Your friend,
      ​​Papi
      ​​​​​

Comment

Haha, in order for that to even happen, Dock> or Prittk have to get on first But, even though Guano isn't the most active staffer (luck is), he would make a better sysop than anyone on the staff team right now. I know Arilou has been a smod for quite some time, and he might have more experience than any of the staffers, I think Guano's activity and hard work would make this zone a much better place.

Comment

shakin' that ass !

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
            Haha, in order for that to even happen, Dock> or Prittk have to get on first But, even though Guano isn't the most active staffer (luck is), he would make a better sysop than anyone on the staff team right now. I know Arilou has been a smod for quite some time, and he might have more experience than any of the staffers, I think Guano's activity and hard work would make this zone a much better place.
            I understand that Arilou already has some sysop access, just not full.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
              Guano isn't the most active staffer
              just cuz he doesn't sit in elim doesn't mean he's inactive. he does more work behind the scenes in a week than most event referrees do their entire careers.
              i'm bored

Comment

Whoa! Hold your horses! You guys seem to be forgetting a few key elements. Firstly, PriitK is paying $12k a year to keep this game running, out of his own pocket. I dont care how loaded he is, 12 grand a year for something he never uses is a helluva lot. Secondly you guys have no idea what DoCk> does at all, so don't start dissing him. Do you know how hard he's worked to get twsites.com off the ground? How much time he puts in fixing the bots. Hell do you even know his last cable bill? All the bots are run off his computer, when the bots are offline its only because Dock got disconnected. Without these two guys not only would this zone be in the shit, we wouldn't have a zone. Sort it out.
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by eRad
                  just cuz he doesn't sit in elim doesn't mean he's inactive. he does more work behind the scenes in a week than most event referrees do their entire careers.
                  Whenever I'm on, he's not... or afk in his private arena. I didn't say he was hte most inactive staff member at all.

As for Dock>... yes he does a ton, but I think these people want a more personal basis with a sysop. dock and priitk doing things behind the scenes is just the thing... it's BEHIND THE SCENES, no1 gets to really witness their work all that much, even though it IS a ton.

Comment

Dock does a hell of a lot for the zone, and just because we don't see it or him most of the time doesn't mean his contribution is any less then that of any staff member.

p.s if Priitk or dock left, 2d would be the replacement and Arilou is a sysop but not officially, he doesn't want to be called one because of the responsibility it intails.

Comment

damnit u guys, learn that this game is not about democracy. If you hate TW because of the inactive sysops, then leave.

PriitK and DoCk> worked hard (in the past).. DoCk> is still helping out a lot. And don't bitch cuz he's always in a private arena. Do you know what it's like to be a sysop in a pub having 100 fucktards PMing to become a staff? They PAY to get this thing going.. I would think that they would have NO LIFE because of contributing so much money towards this.. but they DO! That's why they're not on so much.

Cpt! Guano - sure he's active a lot.. so what? Does him being a mod or a smod limit him from making more bots for TW? Being staff is all about services to the zone, not positions. So if Cpt Guano is unwilling to contribute bots to the zone because of his position, then so be it. There are a ton of other programmers as good as he is.

I salute Cpt Guano for being a great programmer. And there's nothing wrong with that. But if he's been telling you guys to petition on this forum for him to become a sysop, that is totally out of the wrong motivation (and he probably didn't). So if he did not ask you guys to petition, leave this whole matter alone.
                      Last edited by Spiderman; 01-14-2004, 09:28 PM.

Comment

It's not like anyone said AXE Priitk and Dock. The main idea seems to be that TW could be a lot more productive if there was a highly active Sysop.
                        Ну вот...

Comment

Complaining about PriitK and DoCk> not doing anything is wrong. If you seriously want them to start doing something, a *shutdown might be a start.

Having a more productive sysop - what are the benefits of that? Things will just be the same. In fact, if you guys are complaining about how inactive both PriitK and DoCk> are, if Guano goes sysop, sooner or later, (and this is my guarantee) he will be inactive as well..

my point is - a position is a position. there really arent limits of you're a ZH or an ER. And take my word for it (i currently own SSCX Omega Fire).. The only limit there is, is the limit that Cpt Guano sets for himself. If he chooses not to make bots anymore, that's his decision. No one said that in order to make bots, you need to be sysop.

Catid is currently not even a staff anywhere. And yet he still works his ass off making MERVbots that are used by almost 70% of all zones. Does he get any staff position in those zones? NO! Even though he probably refused staffing in those zones, he still makes bots. He currently doesn't even have a zone he plays in. Just sets up a zone servers and whacks away with his programming.
                          Last edited by Spiderman; 01-14-2004, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Spiderman on completely missing the point.
                            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                              Congratulations Spiderman on completely missing the point.
                              If Cpt. Guano wants sysop that badly, can set up his own test zone so he can test out his own bots.

Giving away sysop takes trust. Not just giving it away just because of services.

Comment

Working...
                              X