No announcement yet.

Cpt. Guano! for sysop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiderman umm... would it hurt to have 3rd sysop who is active and works alot?
    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
    Server> dont worry mirror
    Server> shark fits your tits
    Peace <ZH>> shut up
    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
    1:Hercules> im level 90
    1:Hercules> in 9d
    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

You own a Zone that brings in hundreds per hour. Would you readily give the trust you have away?
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman
        If Cpt. Guano wants sysop that badly, can set up his own test zone so he can test out his own bots.

Giving away sysop takes trust. Not just giving it away just because of services.
        I think mattey's point was that if guano was sysop he'd have more acces to the TW code. correct me if I'm wrong please.

Comment

wait, someone said he needed more access so he could edit the bots

then someone said bots were on docks computer

dock's computer = SSCU?

I think not.
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
            I think mattey's point was that if guano was sysop he'd have more acces to the TW code. correct me if I'm wrong please.
            I'm not sure what TW Code you are talking about.. cuz there really isn't such a thing.

If guano wants to have a place to test his bots, he can set up another server (SSI, SSA, or even off his own cable connection) just like TWDev. You don't need anything from TW. Settings don't even have to be TW settings. He basically has the TWCore (if what you are referring to as the TW Code) to make all the plugins (or bots) neccessary.

In fact, he can even build up a team of bot programmers to use that bot testing zone.
            Last edited by Spiderman; 01-14-2004, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Re: Cpt. Guano! for sysop

Originally posted by Mattey
              Priitk and Dock> are useless.
              Idiot.

But yeah, should Dock retire Guano would be a good replacement.

Comment

Even I have access to the TW bot core. As for Robo Ref, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah right.

Access isn't an issue guys.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman
                  I'm not sure what TW Code you are talking about.. cuz there really isn't such a thing.

If guano wants to have a place to test his bots, he can set up another server (SSI, SSA, or even off his own cable connection) just like TWDev. You don't need anything from TW. Settings don't even have to be TW settings. He basically has the TWCore (if what you are referring to as the TW Code) to make all the plugins (or bots) neccessary.

In fact, he can even build up a team of bot programmers to use that bot testing zone.
                  by tw code I'm reffering to the botcode and server conditions specifc to TW (where it is in relation to firewalls, etc.) The problem with trying to create a "bot testing zone" is that the biggest part of bot testing, load strain, is almost impossible to duplicate outside tw proper. I'm sure guano has found several ways to test his bots functionality so far as functionality goes, but I don't think he currently has the freedom to properly test their durability in working conditions. As for the team of bot programmers, they're not exactly popping out of the wood work.

Now, whether all of this matters as far as making working bots in a reasonable amount of time is another question, maybe mattey just wanted a dev person who's a little more free with info than dock?

Comment

It's funny watching everyone talk out of their asses.

The only thing Guano doesn't have is access to RoboQueen's bots. This means it is somewhat difficult to get updates to RoboQueen. PriitK and I are the only ones entrusted with direct access to the main TW Server machine. This is likely the way it should be.

However, Guano has full access to RoboKing, which is a secondary bot core ran off of my home machine. He has all the access he needs to develop bots, and run bots in Trench Wars itself. if his bots are ready for full deployment, all he has to do is ask me and I'll move the bots to RoboQueen so they can be on the most reliable server.

If he ever *needs* more access than what he has to do his work, all he has to do is ask. Trench Wars isn't like other zones; upper staff has the attitude that you can do pretty much whatever you want as long as it is moving in a positive direction, and you have a general consensus among the other members.
                    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

First of all, eRad, Cpt.Guano! is not an event referee, he is an smod. Comparing what he does to what an event referee does is rediculous, why not a mod or zh.

Secondly, I've asked 2dragons before why he isn't a sysop by now and he said that he is. Both Arilou Lalee'lay and 2dragons had been given the sysop password. And yes, both of them are active. When you ?find either of them it usually says they're online or have only been offline a couple of hours.

Comment

Well, looking at dock's> post, cpt. has enough acces and stuff to develop the bots. I just wanna say. Thank you cpt. for all the work. and of course thanks to dock and priitk.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Just make the three of them sysop! problem solved
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

i dont really care who is sysop as long as they do their job.. PriitK is doing more that his job.. and Dock> does his job too.. you just dont see their work that well.. i mean the things they do are the most important that there is for tw.. leagues and bots are pretty useless if you dont have zone..
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Server> dont worry mirror
                            Server> shark fits your tits
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up
                            Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                            Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                            1:Hercules> im level 90
                            1:Hercules> in 9d
                            1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                            1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Who cares if Priitk never plays? Hes does his own thing, and mods/smods can run it fine without him banning away people.

Besides. Sysop on the biggest zone in ss brings in a shitload of pressure, but take it if u want it. Guano would be a great sysop.
                              http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                              ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

priitk and dock know how to run things, too many people at the top may encourage power struggles. if anyone needs to get something done they can just wait in line for op approval. recognition shouldn't even be half the battle.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X