No announcement yet.

New League!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like posted earlier, I'm with mattey on this one.

To comment on banzi's first post, in the TW of the old, the reason why everyone would propbably be a wb was because everyone else was a wb. If you have it mandatory to have at least 3 or 4 different ships, chances are it may waver the ship popularity of the league a bit. Also, to prevent everyone becoming a wb, you could resrict the # of wbs (and javs as well).

I think another idea that would make it more interesting would be to not have a wide open space like you have in a dd, but instead, something a little smaller with at least a few obsticles. Obviously, in this case, the design would make a huge difference, but I'm sure if you had a well-planned layout, this may actually work.

As for squads it shouldn't really matter who's on top. It's a new idea after all, something fresh. In fact, I bet the better squads of this new zone would NOT necessarily be your regular top dd squads but more so those squads who are good at all three.

Obviously a lot of you are not ready for something fresh, but it doesn't hurt to use your imagination every once in a while. Trench wars is growing. There are nearly 100 squads on the DD list alone.

-Round

Comment

yes no doubt other ships would become the favorites among some people, but they are still going to be slaughtered by the wb pilots. this is not the bottom line or anything, but I'd say since TW was based on basing...and all ships play a role in basing...I would not expect them all to perform well in a dueling scenario. ship settings would probably have to be altered a tad bit for the long range/speed of dueling.

here are a few rough, on the spot ideas...

-perhaps make the outcome of the round/game based on points instead of kills. certain ships worth X when killed..certain get X+ than other ships when they kill...

-perhaps circular arena with flag in middle? weigh the flag how you want..make time held worth something/if game based on points..give flag holders a slight edge per kill incase games are close in the end.

yada yada blah blah I think in the end, this whole effort would be a waste of time...these ideas are not original enough to launch a new league witht he following of the strong old leagues and tw doesnt need any half assed leagues taking up anyones time.
      I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by banzi fuq
        tw doesnt need any half assed leagues taking up anyones time.

Comment

and what time would we be wasting of peoples'....the time they spend just talking in chat being bored out of their minds?

Comment

Working...
          X