• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag CHEATING - Needs to Be taken more seriously

Aquatiq> ?cheater stephon lagcheating.
    Message has been sent to online moderators

5 mintes later..

Up In Ya !!> PING Current:230 ms Average:260 ms Low:180 ms High:2790 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 3.4% S2CWeapons: 0.0%

That just doesn't cut it.

Now you have to take my word for what happened in the following summary...

(note: if you are going to reply to this with "Wow. Another person whining about lag." There are other threads for it. This is not one of them)

DD against Puma.
    All starts off normal (4v4).
    I get up to a 6-2, killing stephon 3 times with ease. His lag was around 120 ms. I didn't notice anything weird about him.
    Run DMC is subbed at 5 deaths for MDMA.
    MDMA, Purgatory, Thieves, of Puma, are eliminated.
    Attacks and Touflo of paladen are eliminated.
    What is left are Avenged and Aquatiq of Paladen, each with 7 deaths, versus stephon of PUMA, with 8.

After avenged and i spend about a minute trying to find stephon and end the game...WHOA THERE HE IS HE APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE RIGHT BEHIND US AND KILLS ME.

This created a SMALL suspicion of lagcheating right off the bat, and when he next specced right after shooting twice, I assumed he had lag problems. Although that did not add to my suspcion of lagcheating...if he lags out he lags out. I'm a pretty fair person.

His lag was getting worse, which was irritating, but it's part of the game and i just ignored it.

After my partner Avenged drew a shot out of stephon, i was instantly chasing stephon at full speed. When he runs out of energy he stops, and i time my stop perfectly so that he's right in front of me when he stops. I fire and hit him, dead center. He just sits there floating...

After about 5 seconds, he seems to recover from a "spike" and specs immediately.

Avenged seemed to get eliminated with no problems other than stephon's ping, which is fine.

So it was 1v1... I was at 7, stephon was at 9. Again, another opportuny it taken by me to rush him after he misses. The exact same thing happens. I hit him, but he just sits there, and then specs 5 seconds later.

After that, he basically just killed me 3 times with his ping. One more time he just stopped moving when i hit him, but he didn't spec, he just appeared somewhere out of range.

Inferences i can make are:
    Back to Up In Ya !!'s *lag of him, the 3.4% C2S i believe was caused by the repeated use of a standby button. If it's Computer-->Server, then this becomes a very legitimate factor, because well it's kind of self explanatory. If you are disconnected, then you theoretically have 100% c2s and s2c. So proportionately decreasing the severity of the disconnectage, he'd have around the ploss he had.

USER-REQUESTED !LAG COMMANDS THAT INSTANTLY SPEC PEOPLE EXCEEDING CERTAIN LAG LIMITS ARE NECESSARY IN MATCHBOTS. The lag limits of the zone are not specific enough for hard competition and other events.

If staff is not able to be there for every spike (and most likely they aren't), just like they are not able to be there for every spawn in a tournament, no big deal, they aren't expected to. a !lag command in matchbots would work wonders.

In no way do i expect stephon to get warned or banned because of what i post. Nor do i expect much more to happen with the !lag command. I'm just posting my idea, which I am allowed to.

Do you want the squad to be able to sub someone for him?
    Would this spec be for the match or the round? Because if for the match one laggy person could prevent the squad from having enough to play.
    Also, a standby button? What does a standby do? (I'm assuming affects the lag.)
    If the laggy person's team doesn't have any more sub, do you think they should get another for him or suffer for his lag?
    People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

You can install a program and assign a key for it that blocks all internet traffic for one second or less. I dont think it disconnects you from server, it just increases ploss. That way you can avoid getting killed anytime. Or just pull the plug. It's very easy and staff does nothing. I think the bots could look for sudden increases in ploss and spec the player that has them and the ploss limits could be more strict too.
      Last edited by Mulkero; 01-31-2004, 10:01 PM.
      last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Yeah, just have them ban anyone who spikes, nobody really spikes unintentionally, I mean come on, everyone has a perfect connection that plays subspace, thats why we all play subspace, because it requires the latest greatest graphics card and a personal OC3 line to play.

Comment

You have to be pretty lucky to get connection problems only when you are losing a game
          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

thats 4 lag outs you liar.
            1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
            1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
            1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
            1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Numerous other zones whose bots use the MERVBot core (or at least I think this is the case) have exactly the type of command Aquatiq mentioned. There are latency and packetloss limits put into place, for most zones they are moderately strict limits, and if a player happens to be constantly spiking just around or above those limits, the client itself won't catch it, thus allowing the player to stay in the game. However, with the bot, another play who sees the laggy guy can report the guy to the bot, the bot then monitors the laggy guy and, with no if's and's or but's, specs the dude if he's even a millisecond or 0.1% beyond the limits.

Why don't we have this? And for TWD/TWL matches, you could use very strict limits and have the bot automatically monitor every player, without having to be told to via a command. This would take away at least some of the frustration on the part of the players who have to put up with these idiots who are lagging it up all over the place and ruining the fun of the game in the process.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

For more of my thoughts concerning lagcheating, please see the following: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...767#post151767

This is not some mindless rant. I'd like to think I've posted something that's at least somewhat thought provoking.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Overall, PUMA should be squadbanned from TWD
                  TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                  TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                  Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                  1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                  4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                  1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan
                    Overall, PUMA should be squadbanned from TWD
                    Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

TYTYTYTY
                      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                      TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                      Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                      1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                      4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                      1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

LOLZ you're clueless, you wrote a fuckin book thats all bs.

first of all, if you haven't figured out yet, stephon is ALIASED...he owns you. what did he get that game? 15-4 and 21-9?

and What the fuck is a standby button? there was no lag cheating or whatever...he lagged out 2 times legit, both times he didnt have full energy so those 2 lagouts weren't on purpose.

don't listen to this guy, there was no cheating at all...it was Paladen, come on.

i love this part "i killed him 3 times with ease" hahahahahaha stephon <3. stop your whining :eek: :eek:

Comment

A standby button is a button that you can press on your keyboard that activiates a string of commands, be it standby or anything. Most keyboards can just program certain buttons to do certain things.

Comment

They probably would have added a 5th anyway.

Comment

I think the more serious issue is that Aquatiq is on Paladen and isn't on staff. Has KJW been afk recently or what???
                              1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                              1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                              1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                              1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Working...
                              X