X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint on pure_luck

Hello,

I would like to file a complaint on pure_luck

On Eastern time 12:30 pm, we have a game in ?go base. I was spider and he was the nme terr. I just said 'td' 4 times in public chat when he was killed. Then, he asked me not to spam and then the red mod warning comes. Finally, I was silienced.

My query (complaint) is:
    - Does he have the authority to silence me in a game in ?go base since this is not twl?

This is not abuse of power... Then whats?

ckpoon

He was probably pissed? Thats kindof common when you die terring in base.

Someone is probably going to give you the complaints email, but thats always kindof pointless since no one ever takes them seriously.

Comment

What does 'td' stand for?
      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Staff has the power to silence anyone if they are spamming as long the person has been warned. You were warned for it and then silenced after you did it again. This has nothing to do with TWL or even go base. If you think that a staff member was abusing because you weren't warned or you didn't spam then email complaints@trenchwars.org. The complaints sent there are looked over and are taken serious.
        Last edited by Pure_Luck; 02-01-2004, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I tried warning goddess about being fat, but noone would let me ban her for it.

Geez pure_luck, if you are not going to follow the rules yourself, then how do you expect your staffmates to follow the rules as well, it is obvious that jason was not spamming, although you did not make lude comments per say, you still abused your staff powers by silencing someone for no reason, and warning someone for no reason.

Next pusher will be on the "pure_luck got axed post" in TW staff forum saying IF YOU CAN'T ACT CORRECTLY ON MY STAFF THEN YOU CAN'T BE ON MY STAFF.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

ck, you said more then td. you said ez,m ok, and some other's a few times, it was justified

now, maybe basd if just PL silenced you - but everyone was like 'stfu'
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

You said td over 2 times, which constitutes spam. It's not like you were banned, he just silenced you in order to prevent you from doing the same thing again. It was justified, and putting it on forums is just worthless.
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
                What does 'td' stand for?
                ]

terrier down. you say that to your team, generally, to tell them that the terrier was killed and they can't send in reinforcements for a few seconds.
                DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing

Someone is probably going to give you the complaints email, but thats always kindof pointless since no one ever takes them seriously.
                  I thought the same thing, but I sent a letter there and although I didn't get a reply, I saw the staff member I sent the letter about talking about how I almost got him in trouble.

So yeah, feel free to mail that address if you have problems with a staff member. I think you would get better results if you use proper spelling/grammar etc. Mine was a pretty formal letter.

Then again, the deans of staff get that mail so I guess if you are going to complain about PL then it wouldn't do much good.
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                    I thought the same thing, but I sent a letter there and although I didn't get a reply, I saw the staff member I sent the letter about talking about how I almost got him in trouble.
                    I find it amazing that more then 1 staff member has come to me saying that when I have never used the email.

Comment

Omgzorz staff are all bad this one time i was big jerk and got silenced but pretended it was not my fualt mmmkay?!
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i remember i said TD once in a game cause i didnt feel like typing, now everyone uses it. copy catters!

Comment

I used "SD" once (for spider dead)

no one uses it

i guess im not cool
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I concur.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog

You said td over 2 times, which constitutes spam. It's not like you were banned, he just silenced you in order to prevent you from doing the same thing again. It was justified, and putting it on forums is just worthless.
                              Even if silence is not allowed, I think Pure's decision was better for you ckpoon. HE SAVED YOU FROM BEING BANNED.

And for Pure: To let him off the hook is unfair to those that do spam and get banned for it. You should have banned him since he was warned. I understand you were being considerate, but rules are rules.
                              Last edited by Tuxxer; 02-02-2004, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X