Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New event?

Hi everyone!

I've been having fun hosting again for a little over a month now, so I thought it was time (now that I feel more comfortable) to turn some of my attention back to some original ideas glavitik and I had a few years ago.

Before Continuum was created we were considering expanding on several events (Mideval Madness, etc) - taking the role-playing elements and expanding them into a larger set of events that could be interconnected. In other words, for those who like D&D, we were looking to set up the SS equivalent to a Campaign.

We had a couple of problems of course - I moved to Japan and coupled with the difficulties and lack of power while hosting back then the idea fell apart. Then Continuum came. Dock> had me excited before when he explained the graphical capabilities as well as many of the improvements and I thought: "gee, if we had this thing (didn't know the project name back then) we could do it!"

Anyways, I'm hoping to resurrect the project.

The basic premise is to spread various quests among several new maps (ranging from castles, towns, dungeons, overworld, etc) and be able to use them together for massive multi-event campaigns, as well as day-to-day hostable events.

I'm curious: Is anyone interested in having those sort of events and maps available?

Would there be an advantage to creating custom character tiles to replace ship images ala ?go soccer?

What kind of points/reward/item design would work best?

These are just a few of my questions but I'll wait to see how the response in general is.

To recap: It'll be a mini-role playing world inside of Trench Wars. Once we set up the stuff it's pretty much bendable to the imagination.

Feel free to post with your comments/feelings/dislikes so I can get an idea of how this would be welcomed (in other words, is the benefit of having it worth the cost of producing it)

Also, if you are interested in helping - story/plot design, graphics, sound, maps, please email: memoria_dev@harumi.twzone.net so I can keep you all updated.

Anyways, thanks! This is a real dream project of mine =)
    Last edited by Harumi <ER>; 02-04-2004, 04:35 PM.

I can't resist:

Will I be able to cast magic missile?

(Bonus points to the person who knows where this came from)

Comment

:| !

Comment

Among other things, yes =)
        We'll probably include "requestable spells" too; where if you meet the right requirements you can burn some points casting a spell by asking the host to do it for you.

For instance, if you had a huge load of MP you could request:
        "Resurrect" to bring back a dead friend.

"HP Slam" to reduce an opponent's HP for a short time.

"Meteor" to see some thor action.

"Ultima" to remove players with a certain # of deaths

But magic missile would probably be a normal weapon for a mage. Just like a sword for a swordsman.

=) Still working out the dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
          I can't resist:

Will I be able to cast magic missile?

Dead Ale Wives - Dungeons and Dragons

Gallstaff : I wanna cast magic missle!
          DM : Wait, you can't cast magic missle, there's nothing to attack here!
          Gallstaff: I.. I.. I'm attacking the darkness!
          *room erupts in laughter*
          DELETED

Comment

New Events! ?go Everest
            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

I found an arena that has UFO settings that Harumi could host. Type ?go gullible
              The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi

I only play the big popular online RPGS, but i know where this comes from... Baldur's Gate?

Comment

This sounds like a really cool idea harumi but it would take a hellofva lot of effort to create and maintain.

Comment

Hmmm, sounds very interesting..... I will e-mail any storyline/plot ideas I may have.

Oh, and uh, is there someplace special required to sign up for Beta testing?
                    "In Soviet Russia, the TOS violates you!" - A Random LUEser

Comment

Good idea but I think it's pretty hard to realize this
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

A couple questions that come to mind.

First, what is the scale that you want this game to be on? I mean both in number of players and time span. To my mind, they are inversely relational most often: You can have a small group put hours into a game, or a large group that can rarely stay fifteen minutes without losing people.

Second, the "several new maps". Are these maps going to be in one arena, or will the game leave off in the overworld arena one day to come back in a dungeon arena later.

I haven’t been to HyperSpace since the DDos attacks, iirc, but their player customizing of ships sounds like a step in the direction of what you are trying to do.

With the spell, how do you plan to do this? Allowing any player to cast any spell if they have the MP? Having the bot keep track of spells certain players are allowed (as humans couldn't keep up in a fight)? Or redesigning ships into classes so that they couldn't (in the case of Meteor) hold any thors?

Lastly, balance. How can you balance a team against a monster so that they have to work (and pray) for a victory and still allow room for lag and people leaving mid-game?

A big part of most RPGs is exploring, how do you plan to keep players who can spec from being able see everything?

Harumi, I love the idea and can't wait to see the where you plan to go with this. While I sound like I am trying to tear your idea apart it is because I want it to work and would rather see a little problem slow you now than it ruin it after you think it is done.
                        Personally I think a bunch of server controlled map objects could solve the exploring problem (If you think it is one and you think it is worse than a lot of *obj's)

PS It is 3 am here, so I'm sorry if I don't make sense.
                        People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

I didn't understand a shit of what you said , but I know it's about an RPG (i think) a new event in TW it was an old project in SubSpace but I hope you can make it and that you'll have fun
                          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

omg paul you beat me too it, baulders gate 2 is out this friday btw in the UK
                            Makelele> whos camping
                            Sumpson> mitch
                            KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                            Lemar> mitch
                            Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Magic Missle is a first level magic user spell that first appeared in basic dungeons and dragons, around 1977. Then it was carried over to the advanced D+D books.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X