X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is sexual harassment?

What is sexual harassment?

Sexual harrasment is:
    • Unwanted sexual attention or sexual pressure of any kind in the work place.
    • More then a personal violation - It can threaten a person's livelihood and make the work place less productive.
    • A form of sex discrimantion.

Sexual harrasment can come from:
    • Men or women against those of the opposite sex or those of the same sex.
    • Peers as well as supervisors.

Sexual harrasment is ILLEGAL under both State and Federal law.
    • Article 49B, Annotated Code of Maryland, prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sex with respect to compensation, term, conditions or privilages.
    • Article 27, Sections 464 B and C Annotated Code of Maryland prohibits coercive sexual demands or contact against the will and without the consent of the other person.
    • Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (1991), prohibits descrimination on the basis of sex in all terms, conditions or privileges of employment.

"Quid Pro Quo" or "Hostile Enviroment"
    • Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of supervisors, co-workers, customers, vendors or anyone with whom the employee interacts with on the job. The U.S. Supreme Court has defined two categories of sexual harassment:

[*]Quid Pro Quo ("This for That"), This category of sexual harassment results directly in an employment action.
    • The employee's submission to the unwelcome behavior is made explicitly or implicitly a term of condition of employment.
    • The employee's submission to or rejection of the unwelcome conduct is used as a basis for employment decisions affecting the employee.

Examples of Quid Pro Quo sexual harassment would be a supervisor threating to fire an employee becuase he or she will not comply with sexual demands, or an employee not recieving a promotion because he or she rejected unwelcome conduct.

[*]Hostile enviroment, To prove that a hostile environment exists, these requirements must be met:
    • The unwelcomed conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with work performance.
    • The conduct creates and intimidating, hostile or offensive work invironment.
    • The conduct must be "servere or pervasive" enough that a reasonable person would find it hostile or intimidating.

Following are examples of behaviors that courts have determined creat a hostile environment:]

• Discussing sexual activities.
    • Telling off-color jokes.
    • Unnecessay touching.
    • Commenting on physical attributes.
    • Using demeaning or inappropiate terms, such as "Babe"
    • Sabotaging the victim;s work.
    • Granting job favors to those who participate in consensual sexual activity.
    • Using crude and offensive language.

[color=dark-blue]I thought I would let you people know how sexual harassment is dealt within the workplace. Since this ZONE and FORUMS are nothing but a haven for miscreants. Staff should construct a policy like this as a basis for their fight on harassment of a sexual nature. Trench War Zone, Give back to the players that keep this game alive. You need one to have the other and vice versa. [/color]

I think the Forums, Staff and the ZONE should be ran in a professional manner.
    The Earth does not belong to us, We belong to the Earth. * Chief Joseph *

Oen Izan> I am the KING of NEWBS! self appointed but still a king, none the less.

Oen Izan> Bow before me and kiss the scepter, you may get to view the royal jewels.

:chris: "Captain! There's a steering wheel sticking out of your pants!"

:pirate2: "Arr, it's drivin' me nuts!"

Re: What is sexual harassment?

Originally posted by Oen Izan

so says the backwards neo nazi!
    Die.

Comment

What is the complaint, exactly?

Comment

Wait, how would sabotaging the victim's work be sexual harassment?
        The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
          Wait... people get banned for sexual harrassment on this game?
          It can happen, and has.. But it does need to be reported more often so as to draw attention to it. More and more "REAL" females are partaking in this game. It is bad enough they have to deal with it outside this game, why must they deal with it in this game.. This thread was more to make aware of the growing problem and what should be considered offensive and a basis for staff to determine a guide line for warning and banning.

Oen Izan> I am the KING of NEWBS! self appointed but still a king, none the less.

Oen Izan> Bow before me and kiss the scepter, you may get to view the royal jewels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
            Wait, how would sabotaging the victim's work be sexual harassment?
            That is a hostile work place, but both sexual harassment and hostile work place usually accompany one another.

Comment

You aren't allowed to sexual harass, yet you can be RACIST, huh NEO NAZI?

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                You aren't allowed to sexual harass, yet you can be RACIST, huh NEO NAZI?
                Once again , you have missed the boat.. The name is Oen Izan, You know I do not use the reversed.. If you want a racist or to hear racist chit chat, and if a chat with 12 y/os talkin sex is your bag, then join *corvez* chat the one Ignite spams in pm for people to join. Since staff wont ban people in red or green type.

Though why don't you at least strike up a conversation with and try to provoke me into talkin racist like so many people have and see what I am about. Oh of course use a alt nick, so you can disquise your true intentions. The thang is this, if I was in fact what you say , why would I deny it?? Why don't I push my views in pub?? Why do I not make racially charged comments in the game?? Why have I never been banned for racist talk?? It seems all the rage to make comments in pub these days, I may be going out on a limb here, but for some strange reason, I think you are one of many that try to push the boundries of the no racist comment clause that staff have in place..

Good day to you Mr Evasive!

Comment

Ah, So Oen Izan, you just happened to create your name all that time ago with out even thinking of the word neo nazi?
                  EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                  cool koen> :)
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  cool koen> not because of a bug
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  PubAceR> women in power dont last
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

You are just plain ridiculous. (Oen)
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                      Ah, So Oen Izan, you just happened to create your name all that time ago with out even thinking of the word neo nazi?
                      What part of "The name is Oen Izan, You know I do not use the reversed" don't you understand?

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                      You are just plain ridiculous. (Oen)
                      If I want to hear from an ASSHOLE, I will fart!

Comment

If you make sexual harassment illegal you make it attractive. Look at racism in TW. By making posts like this you are making the problem worse. You are stupid. Shut up.
                        Tigerex

Comment

Re: What is sexual harassment?

Originally posted by Oen Izan

Hehe, it's funny that it's so obvious this is the only sentence you created.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Squad: PLAY NAKED

Forget Neo Nazi, I like the play naked when crying
                            about sexual harrassment.

Here is my interpretation of this with
                            the words sexual harrassment changed
                            to "earthquake" to demonstrate my point.

"Earthquakes are BAD!"
                            "Holy crap, was there an earthquake?"
                            "No, I'm just saying we live on earth, and earthquakes
                            are bad when they happen."

Good Job, Chicken Little.

And in regards to your signature:
                            Fucking Hippie.

-Sarien
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

This ridiculous thread can be solved in a ridiculous manner, meaning, post his damn picture.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X