How does a newb move up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a newb move up

Do squads watch pub arenas for recruiting? I know a lot of the regular and more serious players don't touch the pubs with a 10ft stick. So how does a newb move up in the food chain if regulars can't see him?

/would make that seem more readable but he's typing while swatting away ten year old brother

Try playing elim, you can join the newbish-elite squads that participate in TWD, like DragonGuard. Then if you're any good you'll get spotted but the so-called-elite squads tend to only recruit people with a good reputation of being in things like Elusive etc. Also use pub to practise and elim if you're no good atm.
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Comment

Or play in ?go base if you prefer basing

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
        Or play in ?go base if you prefer basing
        Also wbduel and javduel, if you are into that sort of thing.

It's these little things, they can pull you under.

Live your life filled with joy and thunder.

Yeah, yeah we were altogether

lost in our little lives.

Comment

I don't think anyone can directly hop to one of the best squads no matter how good he is. Everyone needs a squad in which he gets to play TWD games and get spotted by the best squads.
          Sounds good but this also means that new squads have a hard time climbing the ladder. Most members leave after they've played for a while and then they join a squad with a better reputation. This was the case with Spores and a few months after Phrenitis started it I could see our ex-members in almost every one of the top basing squads.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Don't do what I did. When I was squadless, I wanted to join the "best" squad right away, and I turned down any decent, but lesser squads that asked me to join. Eventually I broke down and joined Bohemians (which turned into War Angels) and had a great time.

My suggestion is just to play one of the specialized arenas of your choice (base, elim, baseelim, etc) until you get noticed. Be warned though that most people automatically assume that you are an aliaser (good player using an alternate name) if you show up and start doing well in baseelim or elim.

Anyways, if you are a good player, once you join a decent squad, you will go nowhere but up.
            sdg

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not looking to go straight to Melee/Paladen/otherelite. To be honest, I never even considered that possible. I'm just curious about the movement upward. I'll start to spend some more time in elim.

Comment

Believe me those squads are very possible to get into.

Melee is looking primarily for basers - they have said repeatedly that they want javs and duelers too though.

Paladen is looking for a good attitude and active players primarily. They don't play in TWL, prefering the fun aspect of TWD.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

if you work hard enough at it you will get noticed enough to get picked in go base every few games. my strategy was to play a lot of spider in pub (i found that spider pilots stuck out), win mvp's in hosted basing events, win other events, and use the forum. doing those things go me picked in go mythrandir and it was all gravy after that. it helps to be good the first time you play in go base. practice spider a lot in pub, and watch the games first.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

When you get to, ?go base, no matter how much you want to jump into the game, don't bug the captians. Don't say anything about being put in the game for that matter. Just wait and watch a few rounds. Silence is golden.

Also consider the fact that if there are 19/20 people in the arena, figure there are a few who arn't playing. You 'have' to be put in at some point. Like za gophar said, make a good first impression. Also don't say anything negative if they don't put you in and your the last person in spec. Stick around for the first few minutes and watch.

Do not ask for shark just because no one else wants to play it. (That was my problem ) If you don't know how to shark (in go base that is.. and trust me there is a big difference) and you mess up, your chances of getting picked again are slim.

Before you consiter playing anything other than spider make sure you watch a few games while spectating that ship. Take careful note on how the ship works with the team. Practice some of these things in a pub.

Watching twbd/twdd is a even better way to learn. Watch the people who know what they're doing.

Erm yah I'm done babbling...
                    Last edited by Vitron; 02-24-2004, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Wbduel 4 life

Oh yeah try ?go duel too
                      A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

Just play for fun and you'll end up in the squad that you belong in. don't worry about being elite
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron
                          When you get to, ?go base, no matter how much you want to jump into the game, don't bug the captians. Don't say anything about being put in the game for that matter. Just wait and watch a few rounds. Silence is golden.

Also consiter the fact that if there are 19/20 people in the arena, figure there are a few who arn't playing. You 'have' to be put in at some point. Like za gophar said, make a good first impression. Also don't say anything negative if they don't put you in and your the last person in spec. Stick around for the first few minutes and watch.

Do not ask for shark just because no one else wants to play it. (That was my problem ) If you don't know how to shark (in go base that is.. and trust me there is a big difference) and you mess up, your chances of getting picked again are slim.

Before you consiter playing anything other than spider make sure you watch a few games while spectating that ship. Take careful note on how the ship works with the team. Practice some of these things in a pub.

Watching twbd/twdd is a even better way to learn. Watch the people who know what they're doing.

Erm yah I'm done babbling...
                          In go base mention ONCE that you are available for spider, just so they know you're there.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Lol, since when base squads were "elite " ?

The best thing to do if you want to play with the best players in Trench Wars is to spend a lot of time in elim. Surely you can become a good baser in a matter of months, but to become a good all-around player takes years (I remember it took me a full year to get good and known in TW, after that its a free ride).
                            It's a lot better to be an all-around player rather than just a baser/wb/jav simply because you will be more valuable to your team, and the "veteran" squads will also look at you and see that as well. You'll see that after you've mastered the warbird, javelin and base ships, almost every squad will ask you to join.
                            The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

Comment

wr recruits from pub.

But as far as getting famous, make your name as similar to a famous person as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X