No announcement yet.

Rules????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you dont want to use an add like that, why not have another add just like elims and base elims, but only at certain times in the day, at "off peak " times when not as many people are on?
    Makelele> whos camping
    Sumpson> mitch
    KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
    Lemar> mitch
    Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
      The problem is only 10 or 16 people get to play in ?go base or ?go wbduel games. Doing an ad to get more people is not fair for the other 40-60 people who might show up wanting to play. Kind of simple huh? Would not be a problem for those other junk zones to do an ad because they don't have 700 people playing

I've always been able to bounce around a few selected arenas and get people when needed.

Thats all good and fine, but recently like say about 3 weeks ago i been seeing ads for .?go base almost every hrish at nite and during the mourning est. Im not one to complain much but i think if base gets an ad to get ppl to play i think wbduel/javduel should be able to have 1 to. If ur gonna give 1 give them all, if u arent gonna give them all then dont give any.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
        Then why are hockey, proball, and tournies allowed to get zoners?
        None of those games are automated.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
          Thats all good and fine, but recently like say about 3 weeks ago i been seeing ads for .?go base almost every hrish at nite and during the mourning est. Im not one to complain much but i think if base gets an ad to get ppl to play i think wbduel/javduel should be able to have 1 to. If ur gonna give 1 give them all, if u arent gonna give them all then dont give any.
          dude, most of those are zoners done by smods, and smods basically run the zone, they can do what they want, but using a robo to advert for go base/wbduel etc, is umm not allowed.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
            dude, most of those are zoners done by smods, and smods basically run the zone, they can do what they want, but using a robo to advert for go base/wbduel etc, is umm not allowed.
            Its still advert'd, i think if that gets advert'd by a smod, then when someone asks on help like this fella did he should get an ad by a smod just like neone else does in .?go base. Just bc alot of the current smods play in .?go base doesnt mean that arena should get privledges over wbduel or newhere else. I dont see the harm in an <ER> taking credit for 1 ad per nite or so w/ wbduel/javduel/base. Once they start hitting it up after each game is when u got a problem.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I zone for go base when i know there won't be that many people coming to it and during non peak hours(and if done at a normal hour they open more ?go base's up)I think if you guys made a chat for wbduel and started approaching it from that angle you can easily get 10 people in an arena to play. If it is at a time where there most likely only be around 10 people showing up if u adverted i think an smod could do it. The purpose of go base/wbduel/javduel is an automated game that is privately ran meaning you get the people there and staff will gladly start. If this doens't make sense its cause of the time written! Thanks

Pure_Luck

Comment

Ah why is the amount of people turning up an issue. Like i said before if 20 or more ppl turn up to wbduel then make a wbduel2 or even a wbduel3, thats a simple solution to a simple problem dont you think? Also Dimboy2 how can you waste adverts? its not like they are scarce oh no one of my lines in chat will be taken up idiot....
                Also Pure_Luck when i asked it was non peak hours, that was the whole point i didnt know enough ppl online so i need some from pub to come. Also there is no harm done if you do advertise it at anytime as well, thats the whole idea. If theres no harm then why not do it on request?

Comment

Too many adverts = spammy.
                  Spammy does not bring people they tend to just tune them out then.

Never played in wbduel, but I think the suggestion for a chat is good,
                  not to mention if you really wanted you could hop around a few pubs
                  and suggest it yourself and the people that wanted to go, would.
                  Advertising for it would bring people in that would be curious, part would
                  stay, another part would wander off to do something else..
                  If you use a chat and got people interested you could build up a regular
                  player base, etc. etc.

-Sarien
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I remember a time...

...when an smod, weaver i believe it was, asked DoCk> if he could make a zoner for ?go base and DoCk> said "you know the rules" (the rule is no zoners for ?go base). Does this rule still exist? oh wait, im not in staff so i'm not allowed to know, right Pure_Luck?

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                      Ah why is the amount of people turning up an issue. Like i said before if 20 or more ppl turn up to wbduel then make a wbduel2 or even a wbduel3, thats a simple solution to a simple problem dont you think? Also Dimboy2 how can you waste adverts? its not like they are scarce oh no one of my lines in chat will be taken up idiot....
                      Also Pure_Luck when i asked it was non peak hours, that was the whole point i didnt know enough ppl online so i need some from pub to come. Also there is no harm done if you do advertise it at anytime as well, thats the whole idea. If theres no harm then why not do it on request?
                      Zoners are actually limited, both in who can use them and how many can be done, this is the main reason requests to ad ?go base and ?go wbduel are not fulfilled. You can ask any ER about Robo Ref stealing adverts to see what I mean.

On the, what should be pretty rare, chance an smod+ does do an ad for ?go whatever, it needs to be seen as a favor to the person who asked, NOT a privilege that is being denied if the staffer refuses. The practice arenas are supposed to have very minimal staff priority, so anything above and beyond just starting the bot should be seen as a gift.

That being said; no, no one's supposed to advert ?go base or ?go wbduel. Maybe if you're nice they'll risk it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                        I think if you guys made a chat for wbduel and started approaching it from that angle you can easily get 10 people in an arena to play.
                        Good idea, I shall call the chat Mini Me , no...how about ?chat=wbduel
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

Awesome,

The rules have changed on the go base issue. As for wbduel stuff, i think we can get an alert bot to talk on chat=wbduel and also send pms to people who want to see when wbduel is starting, also it could help staff know when there are a certain amount of people in the arena to start the bot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                            Awesome,

The rules have changed on the go base issue. As for wbduel stuff, i think we can get an alert bot to talk on chat=wbduel and also send pms to people who want to see when wbduel is starting, also it could help staff know when there are a certain amount of people in the arena to start the bot.
                            I Think if all that stuff is willing to be done its all fine and dandy, but i think it'd be alot ezier for a smod or someone to just advertise for it just like u and others do for .?go base. I think .?go base is the exact same thing as wbduel/javduel. U do it in non-populated times, like i said Late at nite and early mourning, i imagine the attendence in wbduel is alot higher during the popular hrs, and an ad would only be needed @ nitetime or on "off-hrs" They arent asking for them to be done daily all day long.

The chat idea is also a great idea, but i think if duelers have to make a chat to know when wbduel is starting, i believe that basers should have to be on a chat to know when basing is started.

Its not really the point of population and stuff, i mean u get 10 ppl in wbduel, they got other arenas (wbduel2/3) and so on. Just like in .?go base when u advertize and over 16 ppl come, there are ppl who are shafted, once there is enuff to do .?go base2 u guys do it to. I dont think we should be playing FAVORITES just bc alot of the current active smods are basers. IF basers get ads i think duelers/javers should get them also, its the principle of the matter really.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

it's because go base incorporates alot more people than wbduel or javduel. It is MUCH easier to get 10 people in an arena than to get 16+.

Comment

Pure thats bs. It doesnt matter if its 6 people more or 20 more. Wbduel should get the smae treatment as base, they are both on the smae level.
                                Makelele> whos camping
                                Sumpson> mitch
                                KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                                Lemar> mitch
                                Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Working...
                                X