No announcement yet.

Fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, i skipped most of the thread to add my own trick about cheating and adding more FPS in continnum.

Note 1: This trick was working in the original Subspace client, not Continuum. I never tested it under Contuum, but logicly (sp?) it could work.

Note 2: Be sure to undo this setting when going to play other games.

So this trick worked fine under a Pentium233 with an onboard video card (4mb or memory). What you have to do is to Disable directx acceleration and enable Software emulation in the client - which, I assume, takes charge of the video card stuff instead of directx.

Procedure:

1. Start, Run: dxdiag -- should open a dialog. If not, maybe goto Program Files\DirectX\ and look for a shortcut called Dxdiag (maybe it was in a sub-directory, dont remember). If still not finding it, look for it ("Find files") under the \windows directory

2. Goto the Display tab, and disable anything here, perhaps not AGP, up to you to figure out (I had not AGP at this time).

3. In Continuum, Look for the "software emulation" option (maybe its in the advanced options, cant verify since im on linux) and enable it. By default i was doing fine with only Software emulation, no other video enhancing options enabled (page flipping, whatever).

4. Profit! If I understand correctly whats going on under the hood, the video processing from the game will rely only on the CPU. Faster CPU = better framerate.

5. After playing the game, dont forget to get back in dxdiag and re-enable the acceleration stuff, ***it is*** needed for other games. If you launch a game afterwards and its complaining about not being able to do whatever, come back and check if you enabled 2d/3d accelleration.

--

If i remember correctly, this procedure WAS necessary because Voodoo cards had no 2d acceleration (only 3d), so playing Subspace with default settings with this card would have VERY poor results (like in not playable at all)

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.
    Bilange> i love getting repped
    Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
    ----
    Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

Well, I tried what Bilange said, and it didn't really work but I was determined to fix it.

So I asked Dock for some help and it ended up being some backdoor programs using up my CPU. Thanks for the help. =]
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Working...
      X