Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Shark Glitch (Game Crashing Glitch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Shark Glitch (Game Crashing Glitch)

I don't know if its just me, but sometimes. I don't know what the exact parameters are, but if I switch to a shark, from being in spec mode, whether it being by my own hand (esc+8) or by a bot/host *setship 8-ing me, my game crashes completely. it happens to me like, once out of every 5 tries that its happened on accident, but I can't re-create it on purpose yet.

anyone else have their game crash when changing to the shark ship (8)?
    DELETED

Hmm maybe its realted to this?:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=10707

Comment

no
      sdg

Comment

I have Never experienced that. maybe a file of some sort is corrupt in your Continuum folder... I dont know... lol, try sending a ?help :P
        Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
        I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
        2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
        2:Krazie_Killer> .
        2:epor> .
        2:IcER> .
        2:H0blin G0blin> ..
        2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
        2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
        2:epor> lol
        2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

OMFG. I and here I was thinking I was the only one with this problem. I'd be sitting in base waiting to be picked and as soon as someone sends !add Rudy:8 to the bot, Wham! Continuum crashes. Same thing can happen when I've been spidering in pub. The team needs a shark and I switch and it crashes again. And it's only ever with 8.
          I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it, most of the time I just cross my fingers and pray each and every time. Though this problem only started up for me when I had XP pro and a new MS keyboard put on. I'm guessing there's something fucked with one or the other, but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out. I'm just glad I don't suffer from this alone anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
            XP pro
            Windows is evil, I have 98 on this computer and I can't recall any problems with sharks.

Comment

Windows 98 is the best windows ive tried so far...cant stand 2000 or XP...bleh

Comment

Don't really want to get into this argument, but I used to swear by Windows98 and think it was the best. When I recently got my new computer with XP, I would never go back. It's 100x more stable than 98 and I can leave my computer running for weeks without having to reboot.
                sdg

Comment

See - I never leave my computer on overnight. It gets turned off when i go to bed, and on when i get home from school...so for my situation(my mom is paranoid it will start a fire(i know ridiculous eh?)) so yea

Comment

I've not had Continuum crash at all, let alone with ship 8.
                    As a question though... have you replaced any graphics or sounds with custom ones?
                    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

stock shipsets, i do have bullets, bombs, trails, hud, energy bar, and flag replacements :S
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Gemfire
                        See - I never leave my computer on overnight. It gets turned off when i go to bed, and on when i get home from school...so for my situation(my mom is paranoid it will start a fire(i know ridiculous eh?)) so yea
                        2 uncontestable reasons why 98 is a hunk of shit and you should never use it when compared to XP.

1.) FAT 32
                        2.) USB non-native.

I mean come on, it's 6 years old, and the code base is 9 or more years old at the least. MODERNIZE!
                        Last edited by wadi; 04-29-2004, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I jsut dont like XP....its a lot less user friendly than 98, that and im too damn lazy to unistall windows to reinstall XP(that and i dont have XP on a disk)

Comment

[QUOTE=Gemfire]I jsut dont like XP....its a lot less user friendly than 98QUOTE]

rofl are u a complete moron? or just plain stupid?

more likely just too lazy to learn soemthing new?

XP because the easiest windows for dumb stupid people (any names come to mind here?) to use...... windows 98, although other then win 2k was the next best system, its a piece of garbage compared to XP

too funny....
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

XP is so mutch faster!!!
                              2.5mbit cable >_< still tw lags :mad:

amd athlon xp 2600+
                              Fic radeon 9600 pro
                              512 mb pc3200 ram
                              wd 120 gb sata hdd

I aM TeH CrEaToR oF EvRything (only not french) oh yeah and also i own Touflo :P

Comment

Working...
                              X