• Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade download?

I got this PM on the forums.

Originally posted by Forum Update (PM)
    Forum Update

Squad:

Important Forum Update
    Your favourite forum is going through changes, in the next few days you will notice several graphical changes, but most important is the protocol used!

You will need to download and install the forum patch from Trenchwars.org to continue to use the forum.

If the link does not work copy and paste "http://trench-org.tk/" into your address bar.

- ZeUs!!
    I now clicked on the link to view the website "trench-org.tk" and got this.

Originally posted by http://trench-org.tk/
    Welcome trenchorg to FreeWebs.com!

Initial Instructions:

This is currently your homepage. FreeWebs serves up the file named index.htm in your main folder as your homepage. To change your homepage, you must either edit the index.htm page from your File Manager, or else replace the index.htm page with a new page named index.htm. You can do this by deleting the page named index.htm, then uploading the page you want to be your homepage, then renaming that page index.htm. A site with no index.htm file will show up as not found when your address is typed in.

For all users that have not signed up for a domain name or a Premium Service from the Premium Services section, we require that your pages have our "Tracking Code" a small banner code that tells your users that the page is being hosted for free by FreeWebs. The Tracking code will appear on your site as it does below:

This site is hosted for free by FreeWebs.com. Click here to get your own free website.

The HTML for the tracking code can be found from the link on the bottom of the File Manager page.

Happy FreeWebsing!
    Is this a really bad newbie hoax? Or did the TW staff tell ppl to come to this website without doing anything to it?
    DELETED

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
    I got this PM on the forums.

I now clicked on the link to view the website "trench-org.tk" and got this.

Is this a really bad newbie hoax? Or did the TW staff tell ppl to come to this website without doing anything to it?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

On mozilla i get a blank page, on my win2k boot using IE i get sent to a picture and link with a download... ive not seen what you do.

Comment

Do NOT trust it, just delete it.
        Forums staff doesnt send update links via PM's.

Your's
        -Pred_FNM <ER>
        Original Mambonian
        TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
        I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

lol, i'd never trust that

Comment

It's completely fake. I don't know what this faggot was tryingn to prove. There is no reason why the end user would have to download or change anything in order for them to use a messageboard.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/member.php?u=3071

Fake. Do not trust anything they tell you.
            sdg

Comment

Cant someone do an IP check and tell us what newb thought itd be a good prank(or maybe not a newb, just someone with a very stupid sense of humor =x)

Comment

lol thats what I thought. ban this fuker now :P
                DELETED

Comment

PUSH said he has been banned. Well that just gives people another thing to try when they want to be banned...

Comment

alright so hes banned, lets see who's the last to post

.....wasnt me!

Comment

Refer to http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=11295 for more info.
                      Again, fake do NOT use. Closed!
                      Greets,
                      Roger

Comment

Working...
                      X