A little help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help.

Prenote: Don't move this to tech support. No one reads it.

I'm trying to get SS on a school computer. They have firewalls, and i don't know how to bypass it. Anybody know how to get around it? I don't know how to use Proxies. =p
    Aphotic

If you have enough time to play SS on a school computer, you might as well go home.
    this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
    (:3=

Comment

Lol, im too far ahead in this class, and the teacher doesnt have a problem with it. Im just insanely bored.
      Aphotic

Comment

A proxy is a computer outside the firewall that make the connection for you.

If there's a computer that you can leave on and that you can connect to from school then run a proxy server on that computer and point your school computer at it.

You will have the additional lag of distance b/t school and proxy computer and processing time of the proxy computer.

It's great to see young minds learning about computers while at school.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Comment

If no one reads a post in tech support it's because they don't want to see tech support threads.

And since you'll probably call me an ass for saying that, I might as well go full rectal and say you probably shouldn't be playing SS in school.

Comment

Tech Support
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

The people who read tech support are the people that matter.

If your teacher has no problem with it, can't you ask him to sort something out with the admins?
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I believe it is actually impossible to get around a school's firewall to play SS short of disabling it or getting the network admins to open some ports (which defeats the purpose of having the firewall).
                sdg

Comment

I don't think anyone has been able to get around a firewall with SS as Stab said but if anyone is having problems viewing the TW site/forum or any other site because of their school's proxy, I've been able to use a proxy anonymizer to bypass it. It's better than nothing .

Comment

why dont you do school work at school instead of trying to play games you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                      why dont you do school work at school instead of trying to play games you moron.
                      Teh. I figured i'd get at least one moron to respond like this. Here's some irony for you, prick. At 7:22 AM, you're either one, getting ready for school (Oh boy!), two, sitting at school and being a hypocrite, three, jobless sitting at home wishing for a life, or four, sitting at work being a hypocrite. Please, feel free to tell me how that makes you any better than a teenager bored in Computer programming I.

Fill in the blank, stupid shit.

[/trash talk]
                      Aphotic

Comment

You do realize that he's not in the same time zone as you, right?

Comment

Hahaha, I was right, you are a moron.

Comment

Working...
                          X