Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuum opens/closes ultra fast continuously??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess formatting your hard drive is a way out of the problem if your desperate to play, but apart from that it could be one of too many things...

Good luck getting it fixed anyway.
    I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

Sounds like a resolution problem, I've had games where the resolution weren't compatible with the game settings or something like that, and it would close without a reason.

So play around with your display settings and your continuum res.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I've had this problem as well. Try logging off your name, relogin, and make Continuum the FIRST thing you open. That's the only way it works for me now. If you're not going to play right off that's fine, just minimize the menu on the taskbar. But keep it open.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

That's alot of useless processes.
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

@Kim: I tried playing around with different resolutions before i start Continuum, but did nothing... You also mentioned playing around with Continuum res.. Not sure how to change it without Continuum open at first, anyway..

@Fit of Rage: I just tried this, and it worked! I opened it while it was still loading some of my startup things, I may play around with how long i can wait, or, if like you said, it just needs to be the first thing i open.. Although, I can't enter a zone, if try, Continuum will freeze... getting closer to the answer i guess

@Bilbo: Could you tell me what I don't need running in there? And maybe how to stop them from starting up in the first place? Maybe it will speed up my computer, so if you could tell me what i don't need, that would be great
            Last edited by whcodered; 10-29-2004, 09:26 PM.

Comment

make the resolution smaller. :/ Happened to me just recently too.run it with 800 x 600 and just play around with it, i wound up having to dink around with it for a while.

Comment

'Tis true i think i remember having same problem back on my ******* computer with the old monitor....

On subspace meno (after splash screen) goto:
                Profile > Resolution > "Make it the next smaller one on the list"

Then just keep going down in resolution if it doesn't work first time...

Hopefully this is your error o.O
                STARKITTY
                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

lame problem

HI,

Yeah I just got the same problem too in the last few days. I noticed in your task list you have webroot spyware. I have that too and jsut recently Dl'd the program update, then the next time I tired continuum it was wacked.

Maybe that's a possibility. Did you also recent dl the program update? And not the virus update, but the program update.

I'll have try some of those solutions.

-When i try to reboot i get an error message that continuum couldn't launch due to a dll error.
                  I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

Does Webroot have a sort of firewall thing that stays as a little icon on your icon bar in bottom left like SpySweeper does?

If so try just closing the thing down... or don't have it set to start on boot up

SpySweeper lags me like hell in game when i have it on... doesn't help considering i'm using wireless connection that loses between 1 and 5% of the packets all the time too lol
                    STARKITTY
                    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Working...
                    X