Powerpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint

i have a powerpoint presentation on my computer. i want to display it on the tv.

what cables do i need, where do i stick them in my computer (do i need to buy any hardware for my computer?)

will this be an different if i want to connect it to a projector and display it on the wall? if so, how?

thanks a lot
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Hum... well basically you want to connect your Tv to the computer... is it?
    Well your graphics card must support it... if it supports it you will have a video out connector... find it! after that you must see you your tv has a composite or S-VIdeo connection... they must have one if they dont have nothing done... after that use an s-video or a composite cable to connect them... and voila no need to install stuff if you have your graphics drivers ok your tv will be displaying stuff from your computer... well same stuff for projectors and all that things all you need is a s-video or composite connection. S-video gives better results than composite. If your graphics card provides that capability it is natural that after you had installed your graphics card all that you need to change your display's and get multidisplay environment is already installed... you might need to check some stuff o nthe program that comes with your graphics card but its supposed to be simple. I think you can buy a tv card "dont know how you call it in english" but that for capturing tv and display it on your monitor you can also have the opposite if you have a card with an s-video or composite connect.

good luck with it.

PS: your display device cant be SECAM must be PAL or NTSC

PPS: this is based on my experience with the graphics card Radeon but others might also have it.
    Last edited by Arikel; 02-06-2005, 06:11 PM.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Go into your electrical store and ask for a cable to connect the graphics on your PC onto your TV. If the cable they give you doesnt work, take it back and burn the motherfucker down.

Comment

Or go into the shop and ask them the problem you posted here, they'll probably be able to describe (and sell) to you what you need better than can be done in writing.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Translating Arikel (but what he said is right):

Most (relatively new) TV's have for inputs: normal coax (black cable with the center wire sticking out)

and possibly one or both of:
          composite (3 plug- red, white, yellow)
          s-video (round connector with I think 7 pins/7 holes)

If your lucky (or definitely if you have an Apple), you have something that goes right into one of these (probably composite). Otherwise, you have to use your monitor output. You need to buy a modulator to convert the moniter output to something a TV can take (modulators are kind of expensive $80-ish).

A projection TV would be the same as a TV. But if your talking about a projection monitor, that's something that would have a direct monitor output connector so that's just as easy as connecting a monitor.

Monitor out is the 15-pin usually blue connector.

Comment

Working...
          X