Get kicked after 1 minute of play, plz HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get kicked after 1 minute of play, plz HELP

i have a standard 56k modem, and when i start continuum literally after a minute of play everyone blinks out and i get the yellow "disconected" message.. I tried setting the modem port speed higher (115200 - 460800) with a special program, and lower (9600).. ok i tweaked all modem settings i could find and still the problem remains.

Please help, i cant play normally
    If you won't get yur ass outta here immediatly, I'll make the hole in it bigger than the Grand Canyon!

you have a router?
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
      you have a router?
      hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha hahahahahaha
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

no i dont have a router. I have an old unupdated antivirus which i close before playing. Any ideas? i really want to play an hour or so.
        If you won't get yur ass outta here immediatly, I'll make the hole in it bigger than the Grand Canyon!

Comment

this also happens in mIRC chatroom, although not that often, like after 5-7 minutes.

Comment

In case u haven't noticed your top speed is probably like 3kb/s I don't think thats good enough for continuum or mirc. If you really feel about this try checking out your telephone wires (see if they are faulty), update your modem driver (or upgrade to v.92), if you have a fax machine running on the same line try disconnecting that then using it, and finally get rid of any splitters between jack and the computer. Try disabling all the extra's on continuum, and get rid of the notifications that tell you some1 died/entered/left the arena. ial-up is useless unless you have 2 telephone lines, and a v.92 modem with an isp that supports all its features. I had dial-up before cable was invented, and it was crap. All i'm saying is don't expect miracles from any internet connection that connects through PPP. If you don't know what it is Google it, I am waayy to lazy. I reccomend you get a broadband connection, or leech off some person using a wireless router.
            Last edited by Krusnik; 06-13-2005, 03:21 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem some years ago. Bought a new modem, and got no more dcs.

Comment

just get a new computer and then upgrade it to all the recent stuff, worked for me...
                hack5489> i'm major lagging
                Tsugaru_Wa> :D
                Tsugaru_Wa> cause i own
                hack5489> no you dont, you pwn
                Tsugaru_Wa> you're right!
                hack5489> Fucker...
                Tsugaru_Wa> ...

My Forum..... I think...... not sure....... <_<

Comment

Originally posted by aerofire
                  just get a new computer and then upgrade it to all the recent stuff, worked for me...
                  Lol, not everyone are rich basterds who can go out and buy a computer wenever they need one.

Comment

First off, from cundor's post, you don't usually have a router for a dial-up connection.

Originally posted by majin-uub
                    Try disabling all the extra's on continuum, and get rid of the notifications that tell you some1 died/entered/left the arena.
                    You can get a decent speed with your modem and there is no set speed in which contiuum works. I suggest you DO NOT use connection-speeder programs, they dont work. Continuum extras will not speed up your connection rate in any way. Also turning off ?enter or ?kill or ?leave will do NOTHING to improve speed or improve proformance, I have no idea what this guy above is thinking. Your connection rate depends on your distance from the phone company or your ISP that you are dialing into. If you wish to get a better continuum connection, try other zones (trenchwars has a lot of people in it and it lags like shit), but I suggest you get a cable connection or DSL if you must.

Comment

ok thanks everyone, but most of advices i cant accomplish due to high internet prices in my country dsl here is EXPENSIVE like shiot

Comment

Working...
                      X