Laptop LCD repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop LCD repair

Anyone have a store recommendation to get parts for a broken laptop LCD? My gf broke the screen on a 6 mo old laptop and the warranty doesn't cover cracked LCD.

I can do all the repairs, none of the plastic cover broke just need the LCD.

If not, I'll ebay one.

Be careful with those laptops people, they break easier than you think and LCDs are most of the cost of a new laptop.

Tech support and get a warrenty that covers your girlfriend
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

This is not a help thread- I know how to fix it. I'm looking for a store recommendation. I need it before 3 pm CDT or else I'm buying on ebay. Not much chance it'll get viewed much in Tech Support eh?

That's ok, it was a late plea anyway.

Comment

i have the exact same prob, but my LCD accidently went into my fist.

the only place i've been able to find them new is directly from the manufacturer (toshiba). other than that, ebay is probably the go like you said

Comment

Dell LCD is $500 for a $800 laptop. Ebay is $300....better but still way too much.

My PowerBook LCD is $1000 for a $1700 laptop. No one is allowed to touch, come near, or look at my laptop anymore....

Comment

Does you home contents insurance cover accidental damage? Maybe you could claim off that (although I doubt it).

Comment

Working...
            X