Somebody please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody please help me!

Ok, so I just got Windows XP and didn't realize DirectX 8.1 was already installed on it, so I installed DirectX 9. I start up Unreal Tournament 2004 and it says "Critical Error, Run dxdiag and in Display tabs one and two enable Direct3D". I open directdiag and click on display but I find that Direct3D is disabled and wont enable. I read on the notes:

No problems found.
    To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
    Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Does anyone know what that means or how to fix it? I really wanna try out UT2004 and my Half Life. Thanks to anyone who helps!
    Last edited by Send; 06-25-2005, 11:39 PM.

Originally posted by Send
    Does anyone know what that means or how to fix it?
    nope, sorry
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

go to start run and type dxdiag

Comment

Are you using the latest ATI or nVidia driver (depending on which kind of board you have)? If you just fresh loaded XP without additional graphics drivers, I'd suggest you grab the newest versions from the respective site.

This is probably Tech Support-related anyway, but I'd try that.

Moved. - Conc

EDIT: If you don't know what kind of a chipset your video card has or how to figure it out, I'm sure that if you posted the exact kind of card (ie, "Asus V9250-X/TD", "Gigabyte Radeon X300", etc), someone could point you in the right direction. Chances are, if it says "geforce" somewhere in the title, you can get drivers at:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

... and if it says "radeon" somewhere in the title, you can get drivers at:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...questionID=640
        Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 06-26-2005, 12:55 AM.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

If you don't know your video card, search for "aida32" in google and then it'll list all sorts of stuff about your car.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I downloaded AIDA32, can you tell me where to click on the sidebar to see my videocard info?

Comment

Working...
            X