No announcement yet.

MSN Block-Checker Trojan/spyware?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/e...orp.asp?id=scan <= didnt work.

any other solutions?
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Shouldn't trust those links people send you.

Comment

Did you click on the right link? Click Here if you didn't scan at all.
        Did it atleast even diagnose the virus? Hold on i'ma install that program in my computer to see how I can get rid of it. I'll be back in a half hour or so.
        Edit: lol i didn't even need a half hour. This worked on my labtop. http://www.jayloden.com/BlockRemove.exe If that doesn't work then do this

Start > Run > type msconfig then enter > Startup > Unselect any entry with the words Block Checker > Restart Comp. On Startup box will pop-up saying talking about some sort of alteration just click the box that says "do not display this message" (or something). Then go to C:\Program Files, and find the file it is located in (block-checker). Try to delete it. If that doesn't work alt+ctrl+del > processes > Highlight Block Checker > End Process. Then try to delete it. You can also use the same method on the uninstaller.

If those 2 above don't work, I'll refer you to another forum where the pro's will help you out.
        Last edited by Krusnik; 09-05-2005, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majin-uub
          Did you click on the right link? Click Here if you didn't scan at all.
          Did it atleast even diagnose the virus? Hold on i'ma install that program in my computer to see how I can get rid of it. I'll be back in a half hour or so.
          Edit: lol i didn't even need a half hour. This worked on my labtop. http://www.jayloden.com/BlockRemove.exe
          k i am gonna try that exe first. :P
          AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Hey

I don't know how to remedy your problem specifically, but I do know that for one thing, using Mozilla Firefox will prevent many programs from being planted on your computer.

As for actual antispyware programs and antivirus, I recommend the following three:

Spybot (which you already have)
            AdAware (lavasoft.com)
            Avast! antivirus (google it..hah)

I installed these after having my computer for about a year, and after running Avast for the first time, it discovered some thirty trojans sooo...

Firefox, because it isn't as popular right now, isn't as targeted by companies as I.E. is.
            boo...:eek:

Comment

$$

I have the solution for all viruses and spywares: Format HD
              If you want quick reinstalls do like me and have Windows 98 and all progs in one cd. Pronto.
              1:anImoL> 1:Tigerex> rofl (^=.=^) (^=.=) (^=.) (^=) (^) (^ ^) (^) (=^) (.=^) (=.=^) (^=.=^) SPIN KITTY
              1:Mega Newbie> ROFL 8=D 8==D 8===D 8====D 8=====D PINTO EM ERECAO

Comment

Lol first let him try the solutions I gave him guys.

Comment

harhar... that exe thingy worked i think hope it wont come back for a 2nd round lmao

Thx Majin :wub:
                  AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Just doing my job lol. Your welcome. My way of figuring things out always work, although it is really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by majin-uub
                      Just doing my job lol. Your welcome. My way of figuring things out always work, although it is really stupid.

Naw, is quite smart
                      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

mess.be? do you understand dutch ?
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Working...
                        X