It's time for me to get a new keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for me to get a new keyboard

Ok it's time for me to get a new keyboard, and I thought I may as well go wireless. What I am asking you guys, is it worth it to pay the extra few £ to go for a a more well known brand?

I have my eye on this one on ebay, comes to about £19, wireless keyboard and mouse, it doesn't seem to be from any known brand, but it does come with a 12 month warantee, therefore it probably won't matter:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Keybo...QQcmdZViewItem

I've come across a few others (not on ebay), but most are more expensive, there's a Belkin one which totals at about £21, and a Creative one at £25. Is it worth it to go for those? One thing I like about the ebay one that isn't on others, is a scroll wheel on the keyboard (It's a pet hate of mine having to scroll using the mouse wheel (I know sometimes you can use the arrow keys, but not always)). That one also looks nicer than the other two.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

I would go with a more reputable brand name just to make sure of quality.
    My wireless keyboard is logitech, heres a picture http://www.dansdata.com/images/ltmsc...s/board440.jpg

Comment

Anyone else?
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

lol, hi

Comment

I dont have a wireless keyboard. Mine's pretty sweet though, in my opinion

This is all I could find that shows the keyboard unfortunately
          I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

Slightly related...are there any drawbacks to going wireless for mice and kb's?

I've thought about it in the past and haven't made the jump because I have a history of being a cheapskate and sticking with current/reliable tech.

Comment

batteries are a bitch with my wireless mouse. Takes like 2 min to put a new set in, and they're not even fully drained, my minidisk player could play for like 8 hours off of one of the batteries that comes out.
              I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

They may cost a bit more but you can get mice that come with recharging cradles. Logitech has a good selection of those. There's also the issue of lag, though that's mainly an issue if you want some precise gaming.

Comment

well the wheel on my mouse broke. it is also a trackball mouse = major suckage. i told my dad and he was going to buy me a Labtech (wtf?) wireless optical mouse + wireless keyboard. i don't care as long as it's not made of cardboard. optical > trackball in any situation for me.
                  my mom suggested using the Gateway 1 yr warranty, which i don't really want to do. meh.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Yea, I never heard of them either.

http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/gear...EUR/EN,crid=28

Comment

Working...
                    X