I got a error msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a error msg

I made a search in this forum and dont find anything about this error.

A Box Error appear in my dysplay when i try to launch continuum .38 ("continuum.exe")

It's the msg:

"The Continuum executable has been altered. It is possible this is due to a virus resident in your system or it could just be from a bad installation. Please check your system for viruses and then re-install Continuum"

I have a Anti-Virus (The Panda Anti-virus Titanium) and I didn't find any viruses. RE-install and nothing happens.

Please help me

Hate to ask an obvious question...but did you first uninstall it, THEN reinstall it? I have gotten that error message a long time ago, and after uninstalling/reinstalling, it was ok.

I didn't see you mention that specifically in your post. Worst case scenario, all you will have to do is format and reinstall your OS. But if you have created a System Restore point, you may be able to avoid that.

Comment

I know that I can finish this problem formating my HD but i dont want to do this.

It may have another sollution

Comment

So I take it you actually did uninstall it first, right?

Comment

Try re-downloading the installer too.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Before I changed to 0.39 continuum pre-release I kept getting error time after time (like few times a week).

Mostly when my spawntime went to 0.0 seconds it concluded.
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

I would reccomend you do a clean re-install. You uninstall the continuum program, then go into my programs in your HD and delete the continuum file. Re-start the computer. Redownload the continuum installer. Install it, and then try updating to .39. If that doesn't work, try disabling your panda anti-virus. If you have the actual panda anti-virus cd then completely un-install it, and try to play the game. Re-install it if it doesn't work. I'm telling you to do this 'cause I remember from a couple other threads in the past that panda anti-virus seems to screw with continuum.

Comment

thx for the recomendates people....

i dont speak english so well... i was afraid to cannot comunicate with you well... but im tring to understand what you telling me.

I had unistall continuum from the "unistall.exe" on the folder. It is not install now. I reboot the computer. I'll re-download the program and aplly the .39

I expect that gonna be ok =P

bye o/

---EDIT---

My Panda Anti-virus Titanium (that is a oldest version) in true, doesnt affect the game... The problem that others users had got with the anti-virus, have no chance to have here. The program doesnt see the game like a bad program (a virus)

i think that i could forgot the Panda
                Last edited by chars; 02-28-2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                  So I take it you actually did uninstall it first, right?
                  i'll try to re-download...

i unistalled first

Comment

Working...
                  X