Effing photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effing photoshop

So I can make an image with a transparent background, no problem. How do you then save the image so the bits you want transparent, stay transparent, instead of turning white? I could guess the answer is to save as gif but it wont fucking let me. Is there a different way?
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

You can save as PNG with transparency

Comment

Cheers, sorted

Comment

Alpha Channels, a tutorial for Zeus:

First we start with whatever the image is that we want to show through the transparency. In this case I've made an image of a red blob.

Over in your little window that has your Layers and Channels, switch to the Channels tab and look for Create New Channel: The Button. Coming soon to a Theater near you.

What that'll do is make a new channel that's all black, called an Alpha Channel. Now it works the reverse of the way you'd think it. Black means this chunk of the picture is transparent to the background. White means use the info presented in the image instead of being transparent. (In this case, the red blob.) You can see I wrote a little message for you there, in the Alpha Channel.

"Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

So what's the finished result?
          Well the red blob showing through, it looks like this:

I usually do my alpha channel saves as tif files, with alpha channels included.
          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I cant view tifs in any windows browser,

I should probably start using Photoshop but I have gotten so used to using PSPX, I cannot be bothered with the learning curve

Comment

Cheers for that! The majority of it is way too advanced for me but I've bookmarked this page for 20 years time

Comment

Internet Explorer doesn't support alpha transparency , I hate IE so much.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                X