vid card problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vid card problems

im not a newb at this but ive run into a prob i cant figure out, i upgraded my inlaws pc to XP home from 98 where i had geforce mx4000 64mb vid card thats compatible with xp...i have xp on now and running and my monitor is plugged into my card and i have a screen and alll looks well but whe i try and installthe drivers for te card it says that it hasnt passed windows logo testing but it has...this card worked fine on my old pc with xp and on this one on 98 until today..im absolutely fucking lost ive uninstalled it, removed the card ryed diff slots...same shit, im lost

anyways...more info

all updates have been dl'd and just after i installed xp it let me install the drivers but in device manager it said there was still a problem with it...so i did the troubleshooting anduninstalled it and restarted blah blah blah so xp detects it on startup as "video controller or vga controller" and not as nvidia mx4000 i dont know why... and when i tryed to install the drivers again it says it hasnt passed windows logo testing and doesnt even give me the option of continuiiing

Comment

driverguide.com
      Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
      1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
      Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
      caco <ER>> )Oo
      caco <ER>> bot thief!
      caco <ER>> duel me for it
      Evasive <E> no!
      Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Maybe your Card is compatible with Windows Xp, but the drivers perhaps aren't? Try to get the latest drivers from the nvidea website.
        Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
        Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
        Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Also make sure that your DirectX version is up to date.
          CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

i dl'd them from nvidia they are correct and directx is up to date something is fucked up lol

Comment

Maybe if you have a spare vidoe card you can test if it works with that one? Could be your video card is broke, or your video card slot..
              Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
              Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
              Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

seriously try some older drivers from driverguide.com, ive had alot of them work where factory\default drivers wont. probly cause theyre old too. worth a try
                Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

Evasive <E> wtf
                Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                caco <ER>> )Oo
                caco <ER>> bot thief!
                Evasive <E> no!
                Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyers eve
                  Maybe if you have a spare vidoe card you can test if it works with that one? Could be your video card is broke, or your video card slot..

is it AGP? ive had an AGP slot go bad before, but if its PCI just put a soundcard in there or w\e and youll know if its the slot

sry double post

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

yea its pci i put the priginal 4mb cid ard back in, its agp and it recognized it and installed it ive put it in many other slots i have 6 total and still nothing i dunno how it could beb abd it just worked the night before on win 98 and actually up to the minute i put the xp disk in :/

Comment

ive seen things take a shit for lesser reasons than that lol

Evasive <E> wtf
                      Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                      caco <ER>> )Oo
                      caco <ER>> bot thief!
                      Evasive <E> no!
                      Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Hmm. I just put in a new nVidia card in this PC, (XP Pro). I downloaded the driver software from nvidia.com and installed it, but as you said it came up witht he "has not passed windows logo testing". However, it gave me the option to continue, so I thought I may as well let it continue, and all works fine. Try letting windows install the drivers itslef without downloading anything from nVidia manually.

When I put the other card, which is a Geforece 4 MX 440, so I guess similar to yours into the other PC, it came up with the "found new hardware" bubble. At first it just said "VGA controller" but I left iot for a while and eventually it recognised it as a Geforce and the wizard came up. I tyicked the "install automatically" option, and let it do its stuff. IPt downloaded and installed what seems to me to be a slightly older version of the nVidia graphics control panel thingy than I have on this computer and it works perfectly fine. Before doing that, take out thew card and put in the old one, and uninstall all nVidia software that you installed. Basically put it back to the state it was before you put in the card. Then turn it off, take out the old one, put in the "new" one and then boot up, windows hardware wizard *should* do it's stuff. You may have to wait a good few minutes before the wizard itself pops up.
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Oh also make sure you've got DirectX 9.0c installed.
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                          X