Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton - MSN 7.5

Alright so I installed Norton AV 2006
    My MSN 7.5 was working all good logging me in then all of the sudden today (After a week of using Norton 06) it won't let me log in and it says a firewall is blocking it

I have no clue how to let myself sign in

Thanks in advance
    1:Hydride> who we play next week
    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
    1:ReNdErED> gulp
    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Do you have your Windows Firewall blocking it?

Also, MSN prolly gives the message that there is no connection and that this might be caused by a firewall. Could there by anything else that is blocking MSN? It's kinda strange that it is suddenly blocked after a week or so.. thats why I think it isn't caused by your Norton, unless you've made some bad mouse clicks somewhere :P
    Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
    Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
    Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

1. dont install shit software

2. who needs antivirus if you know wtf you're doing

3. uninstall the firewall,THEN REINSTALLL zonealarm?

4. LOL antivirus

Comment

No no dyers, it finally works
        Fucking Norton 06 piece of shit, wouldn't let me uncheck MSN (It would say blah blah error)

I uninstalled - reinstalled

if it does it again im kicking it downt he fucking stairs

but I checked out my windows firewall, I have it as my exception list (firewall.cpl command for run)

I even had re-newed the .dll's for MSN but that didn't work until i reinstalled norton

EDIT: No offense Money, but I do know what I'm doing and Norton is one of the best AV's you can get, but my parents insisted on installing this 06 shit

1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
        1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions

Comment

lol ive had nothing but problems with AV software thats why i hate it...plus it slows the pc dowwwwwwwnnnn, i just scan with trendmicro.com once a month

Comment

I've been using Norton SystemWorks 2004 about 2 years now, not slowing down my PC and never had any problems with programs being blocked what so ever.

Good to see things got resolved Hydride, guess my knowledge about Norton doesn't go higher then 2004 :P
            Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
            Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
            Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Don't use Symantec.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

AVG free edition works awesome, effortless with minimal system lag
                Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                caco <ER>> )Oo
                caco <ER>> bot thief!
                caco <ER>> duel me for it
                Evasive <E> no!
                Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420
                  AVG free edition works awesome, effortless with minimal system lag
                  Aye, but from about week ago up until this morning I've had a worm lying in my computer. My suspicions were first aroused when Ad-Aware got deleted off my system for no reason, and then today I noticed task manager immediately closes itself once you load it up, as did Start > Run > cmd.

I managed to use WinTask to view my processes and end any suspicious ones, then delete their files manually. I reinstalled Ad-Aware and it managed to pick the remains up and deal with them. Ad-Aware Professional should be an essential piece of software for anyone's computer, along with AVG. Despite AVG occasionally missing things, it works very very well 99% of the time :wub:

Comment

I'm used to Norton why use something different if you know how to use it
                    If i'm a programmer and have been using windows 98 through university, why go to XP when im at a job?

It's just this new one has a bunch of new "features" that I dont like at all

It won't even let me turn a thing off that is "recommended" it will just say blah blah error press to fix. And it turns the damn thing back on

Comment

Working...
                    X