Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum on Uni Network

Hey,

I'm currently at Bristol Uni and am tring to get Continuum started on the laptop. Somehow the Uni has blocked any computer streaming video/audio through winamp and has also blocked Downloading programs, like Torrent and Limewire.

Continuum has also been blocked by this system, as i suspect it is using some of the ports or something like that. (i am not sure). But at the moment i can't download any new zones or get into the game.

Any help would be cool, cheers.
    Arsenal

i was having the same issue here at work, but if you get the ip and port and make TW as a custom zone it may work, it did for me at least.

beyond that beg your admin, or whoever supports you system
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

This happened at my college too, I guess port blocking is popular.

The IP you need freed is 66.36.241.110 and the port is 5400.

Depending on how bitchy your administrators in charge of the ISP at your college campus are, you may can get this done. I piggybacked on a large protest group of wow players, and was like "oh and this too..."
      afksry

Comment

ugh i have got no idea about networking etc, even if i went to the admins office i probably wouldent know what to say to him...

i'll live without it maybe, i've lasted this long.
        Arsenal

Comment

You should be able to find an email address somewhere for your IT Services. Email them aksing them to open ports 5400 and 5401 for the UDP protocol, this wiss allow you to play TW and see its ping time in the main menu. Be honest, say to them it's for a game you play called Continuum and they should open it.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

You could try to use an http-tunneling program -- it might be too laggy to play, but atleast you could spec and chat.
            CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

contiuum supports the use of SOCKS proxies, which should be able to tunnel though whatever protection the uni has.

there are many "free" lists of on the internet. Try using one of these.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
              X