Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HowTo - Fix the - cant open continuum - problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HowTo - Fix the - cant open continuum - problem!

Hello,
    This is the way I fixed my -can't open continuum- problem.

If you have Windows ME/98.
    - You will prolly dont have this problem, but if you have it install it on a different folder and DONT update your system. If you use a router go on router settings and open port 5400. Check if firewall is blocking it also.

If you have Windows XP

* If you have SP1(Service Pack 1)*
    If you use a router, go on the router settings, and make the port 5400 (Continuum port, I believe.) Save and restart router. Also check if you firewall is blocking it.

*If you have SP2(Service Pack 2)*
    Go on Control Panel, Windows Firewall and open port 5400. Check if your firewall is blocking it. Do all the updates also.

- OH SHEEEET MY WINDOWS ISNT ORIGINAL! -

Yea, I had that big problem. But I'll tell you how to fix it WITHOUT INSTALLING ANY PROGRAMS OR OTHER THINGS LIKE DLLS(LegitCheckControl.dll is an example)!

1. Go on Start > Execute
    2. Type regedit and press OK

3. Inside REGEDIT, go to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrentVersion\WPAEvents
    4. In the right panel, double-click OOBETIMER
    5. In the channel that opened remove any value.
    6. Close REGEDIT
    -
    1. Go on Start > Execute again and type
    %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
    Click OK
    2. In the window that opens click Yes, I wanna call an ....
    3. On the next window click on CHANGE PRODUCT CD-KEY
    4. Type your new CD-KEY -
    No cracks/serial keys - STABWOUND -
    5. Click on update then REMEMBER LATER
    6. Restart your windows.
    7. Go on Start > Execute and type
    %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
    If you did everything right, it will show..

Windows is activated. Click Ok to leave.

If you didnt understand something or need other kind of help feel free to PM me or in-game message me.
    Thanks
    Antiqueda

Last edited by Stabwound; 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM.

Originally posted by Antiqueda
    If you did everything right, it will show..
    And if you didnt you might have fuked everything up :P
    Last edited by Emaho; 10-12-2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Never mind.
      Last edited by Emaho; 10-12-2006, 06:30 AM. Reason: Doubblepost

Comment

Please ignore Antiqueda post since it contains unjust, incorrect and wrong information.

Can't open Continuum
        This is not at all related to firewalls or routers. It is generally thought that this is usually caused by anti-virus or anti-malware software running on your system.

About port 5400
        This is the port of Trench Wars. If you have problems with Continuum connecting to Trench Wars, open this port AND 54001.

Windows Genuine Advantage verification
        This latest update from Microsoft detects if you are running a pirated version of Windows.
        Instead of using regedit to screw around in the registry of windows, please use a crack to crack this. Don't use regedit because if you remove the wrong keys you can reinstall windows.
        Notice; if you use the crack you are violating another windows rule and Microsoft can press charges against you.
        Last edited by Maverick; 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM. Reason: Editing post to avoid violating forum rules
        Maverick
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
        Subspace Statistics Administrator
        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Not to mention you are violating the forum rules. :fear:
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
            Please ignore Antiqueda post since it contains unjust, incorrect and wrong information.

Can't open Continuum
            This is not at all related to firewalls or routers. It is generally thought that this is usually caused by anti-virus or anti-malware software running on your system.

About port 5400
            This is the port of Trench Wars. If you have problems with Continuum connecting to Trench Wars, open this port AND 54001.

Windows Genuine Advantage verification
            This latest update from Microsoft detects if you are running a pirated version of Windows.
            Instead of using regedit to screw around in the registry of windows, please use this file to crack this. Don't use regedit because if you remove the wrong keys you can reinstall windows.
            Notice; if you use the crack you are violating another windows rule and Microsoft can press charges against you.
            Hello,
            I didnt knew the correct port. And well I tested many antiviruses / antimalwares with continuum. They all worked right. And I guarantee you can remove any value of OOBETIMER-BY REMOVING 'ONE' VALUE AND PRESSING OKAY YOU WON'T SCREW YOUR COMPUTER,NEITHER IF YOU STARTED USING COMPUTER TODAY, THANKS-. If u remove it and it 'screw' your windows, get me netbanned ^^. I didn't download the file, but I bet it is LegitCheckControl.dll, actually the cd-key is original and makes your windows original not pirated.
            I think you need to check what you said, my post don't contain wrong information. If it fixed my problem, its actually a way to fix it.

Stabwound, I talked to Rudy a few days before posting this. He said if this fixed my problem, I can post it.. I guess I'm not against the rules.

Comment

Well, he clearly misunderstood what you were doing then, because posting Windows CD keys is against the rules.
              sdg

Comment

Sorry stabwound, I didn't know posting cracks is against the forum rules.

Antiqueda,
                The topic title says "HowTo fix the problem of not opening continuum". Nothing in your post answers to this problem at all.

Instead, all the information in your posts are tips for totally other things and not even related to continuum at all (the windows advantage notification). Also, it doesn't matter if you have SP1 or 2 thus that is incorrect.

Screwing around in regedit is certainly not a very nice way to get things done in continuum. Advicing this to other users is plain dumb because some might just delete the wrong things and get their whole windows screwed. Are you going to help all those?

Oh and this is certainly not the way to fix it at all. You must have certainly screwed up your computer to get Continuum not started at all if it can't connect to Trench Wars.

Advicing wrong things is not against the forum rules but it certainly isn't correct either.

Concluding; give correct and right information you know about or don't give it at all.
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I had the same problem, there is an uptuning program that I had, i deleted it and my Continuum started opening. Try that if you have any, i can't remember the name sorry
                  (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
                  (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
                  2:Everett> good

Comment

My neighbour has an old, crap computer, but it's still vastly superiour to Continuum's modest demands. He probably has alot of misc crap and maybe even som viruses on that shit. When we tried to open Continuum it just froze after the pointer changed to that little hourglass, and a few _minutes_ later he got this disaster error message that told him that everything was very wrong.

From what I've learned from this thread, I'll try to deactive any anti-malware/virus/trojan/whatever program I can find.

Any other tips than just blatantly format and reinstall windows?

If I get this guy connected we'll add one new player to our community!
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Oh Sheeeet My Windows Isnt Original!

Download Mublinder and that problem is fixed :wub:
                      Kyace <ER>> I could use a good laugh, go ahead cheat and pretend to be dumb.

1:lemar> still gonna flame bc 247

Galleleo> where is all this lag coming from?
                      dL.Chao> Gall
                      Fairlights> ur anus?
                      dL.Chao> Stop whining
                      dL.Chao> You lost because you suck

(RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by BrItIsH:
                      (RoboHelp)>I don't want to know your name, I just want.. Bang bang bang!
                      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :BrItIsH:<Message>.

Comment

Also, you might want to check your DEP settings if your running Windows XP. My problem with Continuum crashing immediately after start was fixed by putting it on the list of programs to exclude from the DEP service.

To add the Continuum program to the exception list, go to the Control Panel, System, Advanced, then click on the Perfomance Settings button. Hit the tab on the top right for Data Execution management, hit add and refer it to Continuum.exe.

I have a feeling 3/4 of the people who think they have Spyware are actually having it blocked by this backwater windows security feature.

Comment

Working...
                        X