No announcement yet.

Router help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on what she's using the internet for I'd highly recommend getting an actual onboard chip that plugs into an AGP slot or whatever they're called rather than one that plugs into the USB. And beyond that, I'd recommend wireless N over wireless G. I had wireless G and hooked it up to the computer in the next room with one of the devices that hook into the USB, it lost signal once every 15minutes or so, with the wireless N connection it might lose the signal once every few days and it's connected anywhere from 32mb/sec up to 120'ish mb/sec. Obviously my internet connection doesn't go anywhere near that fast but if you exchange files from computer to computer it's pretty nice. I've had nothing but linksys equipment so it might be different for other brands. Oh and if what Rab said fixed your problem it would be nice if you could come back and verify for future reference.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
    X