X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS wont run

ok...
    well I install SS on here and this is what happens when I try to run it:

-I see the hour glass like its loading....but when I open "task manager" using cntl+Alt+Del, I see it appearing and dissapearing in the TM. WTF?

-Next I try to "run ass" by right clicking and the "continuum" cloud comes up. The I refresh zones, login my name, and try to go to TW. It black screens and downloads to just 13% before it shuts down and gives me a critical error :/

Ive already uninstalled and re-installed three times, so I dunno at this point what to do

Help!!

Hasta!!

I have the exacct same problem. I have no idea what causes it. What does seem to work is running your computer in safe mode with networking, that lets me run continuum normally (without sounds) until I can find a permanent fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
      What does seem to work is running your computer in safe mode with networking
      ok....explain to me EXACTLY how to do that. Step by step?

BTW...the critical error message I get is: Unable to create zones/SSCU Trench Wars/Trench3.lvl

Hasta!!

Comment

Or...jst Read Every Other 1000000 Threads About This Same Problem

Right Click On The Continuum Icon, Click On Run As.. Then Click Ok, There Ya Go, Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post

Right Click On The Continuum Icon, Click On Run As.. Then Click Ok, There Ya Go, Fixed.
          For one thing, he said he did that. For another thing, that is not a solution; it causes a ton of problems.

The main reason something like this happens is if you have something running in the background that Continuum dislikes, and Continuum dislikes a lot of things.

I'd suggest closing down every single thing that is running in the background. This especially includes virus scanners or anti-spyware software. CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close down every process that isn't vital to Windows running. If you aren't sure, just close everything that looks like it could be related to some other program. Don't worry; you can't cause any kind of permanent damage if you close something down that should be running.
          sdg

Comment

For one thing, he said he did that. For another thing, that is not a solution; it causes a ton of problems. - Stab

It doesn't cause alot of problems, that is just how you multi client.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

lol my bad i didnt notice he said he tried that :/

anyways it doesnt cause any problems like wark said, thats how u multi client

Comment

first thing first, stop saying "hasta!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post

got the same prob...

and no that does not work
                  SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                  SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                  Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                  Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                  1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                  1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                    For one thing, he said he did that. For another thing, that is not a solution; it causes a ton of problems.

The main reason something like this happens is if you have something running in the background that Continuum dislikes, and Continuum dislikes a lot of things.

I'd suggest closing down every single thing that is running in the background. This especially includes virus scanners or anti-spyware software. CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close down every process that isn't vital to Windows running. If you aren't sure, just close everything that looks like it could be related to some other program. Don't worry; you can't cause any kind of permanent damage if you close something down that should be running.
                    tried that & it still does not work
                    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

http://forums.sscentral.com/index.ph...CODE=01&HID=17

Read this THOROUGHLY and try everything that is on it.
                      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                      ---A few minutes later---
                      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                      9:Kim> UM
                      9:Kim> i didn't
                      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                      X