Re-Installing Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Installing Windows

my windows wont open at boot. i dunno why. was working fine last night. have to post on psp. i cant repair due to having no clue what my admin pass is cause i dont remember setting one.

so do i delete the partition that my current windows is in, then reinstall in its place? or just install into the same partition?

thx

note: the bad grammar is cause this is a psp post.
    DELETED

if you want to keep your data dont delete the partition. im sure youve tried safe mode. it wont let you run windows repair from the disc? i dont remember admin pws having anything to do with the windows repair
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Just format your Windows partition by selecting it in the menu you get after booting the Windows XP CD.
      Then reinstall Windows.

Another idea is to run Windows in Safe Mode and perform a System Rollback. So it just changes its settings back to the way it was a few days ago when it was still working fine.
      TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
      4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
      4:vys> know it for sure
      4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
      3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
      3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

update: the disc that came packed in my box with all my drivers and the like was the wrong one. Still waiting on Gateway to send me the real software.

Note: I don't have a working PC at my house at all and this is from a netcafe.
        DELETED

Comment

I had the same problem let me help you out here:

1. Get in your BIOS
          2. Go to advanced BIOS
          3. Change the booting sequence to this:
          CD Drive = first
          HD=2nd
          Floppy=3rd
          4. Save changes
          5. Restart computer and put in Windows XP Disc or whatever disk you have
          6. From here on in it will use the BIOS to use the CD Controls
          7. Re-install whatever is on the disk

Hope this helps ya out.
          1: cReEmY> jab get a life
          1: Twerp> pwned
          1: Duel Pasta> LOL
          1: Duel Pasta> ROFL
          1: Duel Pasta> Cant Breath
          1: Duel Pasta> You got pwned by a jr.

-----

8: cReEmY> If the square root of 5 is 2.5 then what is the square root of 1??
          8: JabJabJab> Uh... STOP IT!! Your hurting my head!

cOnTaCt mE <- Want to talk to me click there!

Comment

If you dont have the admin password or you didn't set it you can't access the repair console using the XP disc. You could make a boot disk and use that to get into DOS but either way it will take some skills to resolve the issue. Try to boot into safe mode and post here again about the error you get.

If you want to get up and running quickly reinstall over top of your current XP installation (not format, select the same install point), backup your data then do a clean format and install. You're not actually figuring out the problem (which if it is hardware based then this could potentially do you more harm in the long run) but you should be up and running quickly.

Comment

To reinstall windows, I just booted from the XP disk, chose the partition to install into and that's it. I think formatting is part of the process, you don't need to do it yourself.

Comment

isnt there a way to reload the masterboot record :/

Gah last time i remeber is having to get it from a windows 98 disk
                anyideas?
                :eek:
                HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                Lance> Here is BCG's song
                Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
                :eek:

Comment

The is a cd i used before that will reset the windows administrator password and allows you to boot windows even after you mess up the hard disk.

http://ebcd.pcministry.com/
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                  X