Video (VOB files) converting for editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video (VOB files) converting for editing

Anyone experience problems when converting VOB files to either wmv or avi that the audio and video seem to fall out of sync?

I have a Sony-305 DVR (mini-DVD) camera and am experiencing this problem. I plan on eliminating the audio anyway and adding music to the background, so I am not gonna go nuts about this, but is there a prefered format that VOB should be converted to in efforts to avoid the sync problems that anyone is familiar with?
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

pretty sure vob files are mpeg-2
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
      pretty sure vob files are mpeg-2
      Nope...its a Video OBject file (V O B ) I can covert to mpeg-1, mpeg-2 mpeg-4, avi, wmv, as well as many other formats, but before doing that, I noticed the sync. probs with video and audio.

VOB's read w/o a prob in Nero using Nero showtime., but to edit two different mini-DVD's in a VOB format, I need to change the file type and covert it so I can use Sony-Vegas to mix. Times like this I wish I had a Mac X.

Comment

my only experience was dvd vob files in which they are mpeg-2 and you could just rename it and play it on a player.

check out the vob tools here http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg...ink31-main.htm

dunno if its any help but its something :P
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

ask the player Samba Pa Ti about this he is in ossify. he can tell you everything u need to know about this.

Comment

Borrowed a Mac X from a fellow employee....took less than 1/2 the time for us to edit and mix down w/NO mixing probs between Vid/Audio.

Comment

Working...
            X