mobolight on, powerbutton unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobolight on, powerbutton unresponsive

While I was learning some of the ins and outs of eclipse a few fateful hours ago, my comp shutoff on it's own. Previously when this happened and I opened the case and stuck it in front of my AC and it's worked dandy. That was 2 days ago.

This time it won't boot at all despite cooling it. The little light on the mobo (only visible inside the case) is on, yet nothing else happens, no fans, no beeps no noise of any kind happens when the powerbutton is pressed.

I double checked all my connections and they were fine; i even checked the heatsink and cpu. What the hell is going on?
    Celibrate
    XXX is overrated.

that used to happen to me a while back. what I wound up doing was putting it on my kitchen table and taking EVERYTHING out, unplugging EVERYTHING, then putting it all back in. Haven't had a problem since.

It could literally just be a wire that's loose beneath the rubber protection too, so try and push the wires a little bit into the connectors before plugging them in.

hope this helps

Comment

that or you fried your processor...

Comment

it could also be a power problem. If your power supply's f'd up that could be it too, but u can also check where you plug everything in. If you live in an old house/building and you have 50 million things plugged into the same outlet that can cause power draw problems.. u can try unplugging a few electrical appliances other than the computer if there's a few powerhogs.

Comment

Alright my current PSU is dead so I hot swapped it with one from my old pc and the cpu fan started on boot but nothing else, no post, even with the memory and vid card attached.

Is my mobo also dead or is it just my PSU?
          Celibrate
          XXX is overrated.

Comment

try starting it without the video card in, they can suck up a lot of power if it's a newer one

Comment

pull the wire off where the pwrbutton plugs into the mobo. then bridge the 2 pins with a screwdriver or other conductive metal device. alot of times if its a shitty case the button switch may just be bad.

if not the 1st thing i would suspect is the pwr supply as well.

stick ur nose in the heatsink and see if it smells burned too. make sure the little ribs of the heatsink under the fan are free of dust or other crap. also make sure the fan is spinning at a decent speed, i recently had a heatsink fan "slow down" and it had me puzzled for quite a while.
              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
              caco <ER>> )Oo
              caco <ER>> bot thief!
              caco <ER>> duel me for it
              Evasive <E> no!
              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

PSU is dead and it took the mobo with it. On the bright side, I ordered new PC parts by salvaging only my CPU w/ heat sink and my vid card. Looks like I'm also upgrading to 2gb of OCZ ram in the process from shitty 512.
                Celibrate
                XXX is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                X