Buying A Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
    OK I HAVE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT I DONT GIVE A SHIT IF ITS VISTA OR XP

I PERSONALLY PREFER XP BUT I DONT GET THE OPTION ON THE SITE, SO I HAVE TO GET VISTA

CAN YOU PLEASE STFU ABOUT VISTA/XP.

god
    (looking for a diplomatic way to say this) - You asked for advice. Advice has been given about the various operating systems. You need not be a prick about it. Ignore posts you don't like.

I try to give you the benefit of my professional experience with Microsoft OS rollouts. I would not recommend Vista to any one right now. Certainly not anyone that I liked (so maybe you should get it? )

I think you may be too young to remember the nightmare that XP was when it first came out. It was buggy, had little software or driver support. It took a few years to iron it out. I think SP2 was the first point that I could say that it became "solid."

Sound familiar? It should. Because it happened with 2000/ME. Probably 98 as well. Do you really want to be spending your valuable time finding the bugs in Microsoft software?

Comment

10th post, 'XP or Vista I don't give a shit.'

And basing assumptions about my computer knowledge on my age? Oh, that makes tons of sense.

Comment

Just buy it without any OS then, and just download a corp release of XP Pro

Comment

I wouldn't take Vista, pummel. Stick with XP for now.

Maybe you want to take the french version. You're going to love it!

Comment

i bet he will still get vista, like the emo he is

Comment

Originally posted by a lame duck View Post
              I try to give you the benefit of my professional experience with Microsoft OS rollouts. I would not recommend Vista to any one right now. Certainly not anyone that I liked (so maybe you should get it? )
              I highly doubt you have much "professional experience with Microsoft OS rollouts" if you consider Vista a Beta OS and if you think Office XP will not work on it.

If you have a computer already, I agree it's not worth it at the moment to bother upgrading. But if you're getting a new computer, it's worth it to get Vista, rather than going through the hassle to get XP just because a few crappy soundcards don't work on Vista.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                I highly doubt you have much "professional experience with Microsoft OS rollouts" if you consider Vista a Beta OS and if you think Office XP will not work on it.

If you have a computer already, I agree it's not worth it at the moment to bother upgrading. But if you're getting a new computer, it's worth it to get Vista, rather than going through the hassle to get XP just because a few crappy soundcards don't work on Vista.
                It's more than soundcards. My XPS laptop runs a lot smoother on XP than on Vista.

As I said in my above post.. which wasn't directed so much at the originator of this topic (who got pissed off) but at everyone else discussing XP/VISTA ... but anyways.. I said I liked Vista but it's still too early to be using it for serious gaming or other graphic intensive applications. Several groups have done testing to show that games just run quicker and better on XP-for now. With DX10 and better support Vistas gaming prowess might be realized. Here's a few links to tests done..

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/...sta/page4.html

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Yeah Vista is no slacker, but like all new Windows' OS' it's still a little buggy, not 100% supported by third parties and demands more (though only a little more) from your systems.

PPS: And I did give advice earlier on what system to get or what to do for a system. Take it as a compliment that everyone got engaged in a side discussion (related to your question) in a topic you made instead of getting pissed off. And if anyone cares I tested the betas of a few Microsoft products, including Vista, if that gives my statements any more credibility.
                truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
                "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
                Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
                Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

and if you had asked...

.. if you had just asked nicely, maybe someone here would have had access to a clean copy of XP Pro that you could have downloaded and used for yourself..

Comment

Originally posted by a21ozcoldcup View Post
                    .. if you had just asked nicely, maybe someone here would have had access to a clean copy of XP Pro that you could have downloaded and used for yourself..
                    Oh, you can download XP pro, you are so good at the internets.

Comment

OMG VISTA BLOWS MAKE SURE GET XP PUMMEL, I KNOW U REALLY CARE, THATS WHAT U SAU NOW BUT WHEN U ORDER THAT VISTA IM SURE U WILL BE VERY SORRY LATER AND OWNT BE ABLE TO PLAY CONTINUUM, SO PLZ, PLEASE GET VISTA SO WE DONT HAVE TO SEE YOU!

f

Comment

Oh, you can download XP pro, you are so good at the internets.
                        Anyone ever tell you how very NOT witty you are?

Next time you ask for advice on the forums do us a favor .. start your topic inside the trash talk column.

Comment

And basing assumptions about my computer knowledge on my age? Oh, that makes tons of sense.
                          You are asking for computer advice and you are only 16. You are young and I think pretty much everyone here assumes you haven't really had a lot of computer experience. If I ever had a problem I would love to have someone like a21ozcoldcup around. Now shut the fuck up, ungrateful faggot.
                          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

sry about that

Comment

Could someone teach me the Computer language? i don't speak it. :<
                              oh and pummel, i think you really should go with VISTA

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
                                You are asking for computer advice and you are only 16. You are young and I think pretty much everyone here assumes you haven't really had a lot of computer experience. If I ever had a problem I would love to have someone like a21ozcoldcup around. Now shut the fuck up, ungrateful faggot.
                                I find myself repeating things time and time again.

Comment

Working...
                                X