• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not a dell XPS i hear they're pretty sweet, but i ve never used one

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
      why not a dell XPS i hear they're pretty sweet, but i ve never used one
      Cause I'm 16 and I don't have that much money.

Comment

Mom just bought a HP NC8430 C2D 2.0 1GB/80 DVD/CDRW
        It's a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
          fuck you.
          I love paying $2000 for a computer that has a 13 inch screen. My macbook better turn out to be pretty usefull or I'm pawning it pretty quick.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Pummel check out onlinestores special offers they have. I see it all the time. You can make $600 if you're lucky
            I recomend a big screen. 21 inch or so.

Comment

MacBook
              :wub:

Originally posted by Pummel
              Edit: Oh, and yes, I do realize that 1gb of ram isn't much, but unlike the other components, I can upgrade it any time I like.
              You sure, you'll probably be getting 2x512 for your memory because of the double core processor. That means that if you decide to double the work memory, you'll need to buy it all and get rid of the old. Expensive thing to do, compared to buying the 2 gigs from the start. If you're any sort of a power-user, you'll definately notice the difference.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi View Post
                :wub:

You sure, you'll probably be getting 2x512 for your memory because of the double core processor. That means that if you decide to double the work memory, you'll need to buy it all and get rid of the old. Expensive thing to do, compared to buying the 2 gigs from the start. If you're any sort of a power-user, you'll definately notice the difference.
                It's 2 dimm spots, so when I buy a stick of 1 gig I can just take out one of the 512's and put it in another laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                  XP or Vista, I don't give a shit.
                  Hmm, running a beta OS. Sounds smart. Save yourself some trouble - go with a stable/patched OS. Give Vista 3 or 4 years to settle down. Also, don't forget that most software you bought to be compatible with whatever you had before won't work in Vista. If you use Office, anything prior to Office 2003 WILL NOT WORK by design.

Comment

Fuck bought software.

Comment

fuck you.
                      correction: FUCK APPLE.
                      k thx
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by a lame duck View Post
                        Hmm, running a beta OS. Sounds smart. Save yourself some trouble - go with a stable/patched OS. Give Vista 3 or 4 years to settle down. Also, don't forget that most software you bought to be compatible with whatever you had before won't work in Vista. If you use Office, anything prior to Office 2003 WILL NOT WORK by design.
                        What the fuck

Seriously....
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                          What the fuck

Seriously....
                          I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

About Vista:

There is a lot of confusion about it, I wanted to clarify my earlier posts about gaming with it. Vista isn't a bad system and is truly a more stable and more efficient OS than XP. The problem I have with it is despite features like pre-fetching and using flash memory as a form of virtual memory, it still records a slower load time for many kinds of programs, beta drivers are still commonplace and you DO need more RAM to run it efficiently, despite it's fancy features in place that could supposedly negate that. I'll just do a quick comparison of my experiences with both OS'

VISTA:

bad

I played Oblivion, Chernobyl: S.T.A.L.K.E.R., HL:2, and FEAR all on max settings, 1900x1200 and there was the occasional clipping, slow down, sound shuttering, certain textures didn't render correctly.

My tablet software wouldn't install correctly but mostly worked anyways.

My video card (7950 GTX) has some pretty nifty features... unfortunately the only drivers available on Vista for it gave me access to only the most basic of options.

The Vista defrag doesn't let you view progress or give you an estimate. You'd probably be better off with a third party defragger.

good

Vista does have nice features too, I liked it's integrated search function, works really well in place of a 'run..' option.

It is quick to pickup on compatability issues and will submit tickets to Microsoft to look for solutions, unfortunately only 1 of the 3 tickets I submitted had a solution and that was to stop using Firefox and download the newest IE.

The bluetooth and wireless networking were really smooth and I had no complaints. Quite a bit streamlined from XP.

It does look nice .

CS3 worked well in it.

After you fix minor bugs (eg: media player skipping/slow loading, wireless connection resetting) its a pretty smooth ride.

XP

You have all used XP so I'm not going to go into details with this one. XP at this point is a very well tested, smooth OS. The little bugs that will be worked out of Vista in time haven't existed here for ages. The drivers are all good here, I didn't even realize all the cool shit my video card could do until I installed XP... and when I played the same games I mentioned above they never stuttered, sound was clear, not a single bug to report. I was impressed that XP discovered my bluetooth mouse before I installed a single driver for it, but when I went to install the drivers anyways it was a huge, drawn out pain in the ass.

So yeah Vista isn't bad, I like it a lot, but for gaming like I do, I want to play a game and have it run super smooth... in Vista it felt like my computer could barely keep up with what I wanted from it... in XP it felt and looked like I could push it a lot harder before it will reach it's limits. Down the road I will surely reinstall Vista but I see no reason to right now when XP does everything I want from Vista but better.
                            Last edited by a21ozcoldcup; 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM.
                            truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
                            "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
                            Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
                            Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

OK I HAVE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT I DONT GIVE A SHIT IF ITS VISTA OR XP

I PERSONALLY PREFER XP BUT I DONT GET THE OPTION ON THE SITE, SO I HAVE TO GET VISTA

CAN YOU PLEASE STFU ABOUT VISTA/XP.

god

Comment

im sure u can call and order it and specify XP, in fact i know you can

so you might as well get what u want cuz like ppl say, VISTA BLOWS RIGHT NOW WAIT LIKE 3 YEARS PUMMEL REALLY CARES ABOUT XP OR VISTA f

Comment

Working...
                                X