Keystroke delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystroke delay

For a few weeks now quite often, particularly when respawning, my keyboard seems to freeze up, everything and everybody else, chats, ships etc.. are still going as normal. My ship will just hang still and do absolutely nothing, I'm not able to type anything at all or even esc+q, alt+tab etc.. This stays for anywhere between a couple seconds up to a minute after which every command I'd given is then performed leaving me still unable to do anything while it is busy. When it's done everything is back to normal and I can fly, type, do anything and it will usually not happen again untill after I die but sometimes out of nowhere it will start again. And this is at least every 5 to 10 minutes so it's beginning to get a bit annoying.
    For some reason this happens most often when I'm in a javelin and in baseelim or javduel, it does happen in other ships and arenas but less often.
    I don't think it's a problem with my keyboard as it functions perfectly in every other game but if anybody has any ideas they'd be well appreciated.
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

wow, thats one ive never heard of

have you tried the basics like reinstalling and trying both .38 and .39?
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Is it a USB keyboard? If so, what other USB devices do you have connected?

Comment

Well I haven't reinstalled anything as I'm particularly lazy but I could try and see how it goes in .38 now you mention it.

The keyboard is a ps2, I have to go easy on my usb slots as I have several external hd's on them.

EDIT: Same happens in .38
        Last edited by RednaZ; 08-26-2007, 06:00 AM.

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

The good news is that you are not alone with this problem:
          http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62047333&sid=1
          The bad news is that they also don't offer much in the way of a fix :<

Update your DirectX in case it has something to do with the input drivers, and check if it isn't spyware related, that's all I can offer.
          "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Are you sure that Stickykeys isn't turned on?

Comment

Well my keys are very sticky, gives me more grip in extreme combat situations! However sticky keys is something you remove as soon as you've tried chasing somebody the first time after a reinstallation ^^

Edit: I've got a pretty good hunch it might have something to do with TuneUp Utilities, my brother (your typical system administrator) recommended it to clean up processes and memory and the like. Usually any tip he gives me turns into something bad and I'm not sure but it might have started happening around the time I installed it. Have to see how it goes without it, but it may take some days as I try not to play much
              Last edited by RednaZ; 08-27-2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X