Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please move the TW servers back to Finland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yer i no, the epidemic is spreading quick.... a mate of mine has a beta version of the new 1 .... it as LOADS of spelling mistakes in it and i think the 'u have mail' this needs fixing to soin like 'try freeserve 2day and trach this pile of shit'
    - Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk? -

- Life is a game. Shit, I've lost the Bastard Dice... -

Comment

Originally posted by Shear
      You had America Online in England? The disease is spreading.
      <shrugs>

Comment

Let me see... shouldnt it be called England On Line... EOL... ohh dear me. This is a new era of terror to all the ISPs around the world.
        <3 TW Radio

Comment

no packet loss here

i play from canada, and i have no packet loss to the servers...i doubt its the servers causing the issue

but maybe in the routing somewhere between you and the servers....

but unfortunately your SOL if thats the case :eek:

my c2s and s2c are always 0.0 or 0.1 execpt the odd day where something flares up briefly and then comes back down
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Yep. I also live in Canada. I have the same problem. Goes up to a high of 5% for say... 30 minutes max then goes down back to 0.0%.
            <3 TW Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Lea
              Yep. I also live in Canada. I have the same problem. Goes up to a high of 5% for say... 30 minutes max then goes down back to 0.0%.
              eww.. just by quoting you i am putting mself at risk for SARS
              Originally posted by Yoshiba
              i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                The only reason the server was in Finland was because Sonera hosted it for free.
                There are still hosting companies which host for free. About 55% of TW players are localed at America, and 45% at Europe.
                - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Tank
                  About 55% of TW players are localed at America, and 45% at Europe.

im betting that the % has changed.....

primetime in TW when the servers were in Finland used to be 400-600

since moving to North America, off hours are hitting 4-500 and primetime is hitting between 600-775 or so...i havenet seen 800 yet, but its pretty amazing

this would of course case some extra lag no doubt....i believe someone once told me that for every 100 people in your zone you will increase your ping by about 10ms

the move to NA has been huge for population increase, although a little more lag no doubt has been created
                  :eek:
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I'm in Canada also, lately I haven't had too much lag problems.

I use Shaw at home cable, usually get 90-100ms/packet....

I think with ASDL it would be better, less packet hopping...right?

-WiseCherub.

Comment

I use rogers cable which it almost if not the same as Shaw @home. 30-40 ms and 0.1 ploss.

Comment

I was using broadband before and after the Server move and my lag hasnt increased or decreased.

Comment

I've had no change to, still 250 ms - 300 ms. I live in the third most densly populated area in the world. One third of the population of Britain live in an area one tenth the size of the country. Do you think BTInternet (British Telecom Internet), who run every single phone line in the country have given us broadban? Do you think everyone else in the country has got it? No and yes.
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            I've had no change to, still 250 ms - 300 ms. I live in the third most densly populated area in the world. One third of the population of Britain live in an area one tenth the size of the country. Do you think BTInternet (British Telecom Internet), who run every single phone line in the country have given us broadban? Do you think everyone else in the country has got it? No and yes.
                            And yet this small villiage roughly 10 miles away from where I live is about to get broadband. go figure.

Comment

why need broadband in england?

cant you just yell and everyone in england can hear you anyways right?
                              :eek:

Comment

ye, move it back to finland, so i can get my 20ms back, not the crappy 130-140 i have now
                                Throughout time, there’s been
                                crimes, throughout our history
                                But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                                Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                                Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                                Come on and take a stand
                                Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                                and all the kids are running
                                from London to Manchester
                                cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Working...
                                X