My 'HIJACK THIS' log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'HIJACK THIS' log

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Webroot Desktop Firewall] E:\Program Files\Webroot\Webroot Desktop Firewall\WDF.exe

O23 - Service: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv) - Crawler.com - e:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe

O23 - Service: Webroot Desktop Firewall network service (WDFNet) - Webroot Software, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Webroot\Webroot Desktop Firewall\wdfsvc.exe
    Only 3 items exist. beat that. also, i have a program that low-level defrags the entire drive (not just locked files) outside of windows, on boot time. Also use System Mechanic, CCleaner, SuperCleaner. Spyware Blaster and Spybot for immunization only.

Going Linux next time
    Last edited by Tone; 04-25-2008, 03:31 AM.

Originally posted by Tone View Post
    Only 3 items exist. beat that. also, i have a program that low-level defrags the entire drive (not just locked files) outside of windows, on boot time. Also use System Mechanic, CCleaner, SuperCleaner. Spyware Blaster and Spybot for immunization only.

Going Linux next time
    Wait you didnt hear? System Mechanic, CCleaner, SuperCleaner. Spyware Blaster and Spybot all have contracts with the government to scan your computer for potential threats against national security.

Comment

WHY WOULD YOU PUT GOOGLY-EYES ON A GINGERBREAD MAN? YOU CANNOT EAT GOOGLY-EYES.
      f

Comment

great
        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
        1:soild>they can say what they like
        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

the government is trying to gain information on TARPPS

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Comment

even people into computer maintenance have 15 to 25 items. I am showing you that it is not needed. You should simply have a firewall starting and nothing more. spyware terminator is in there because if i remove that service the program doesnt work anymore. 3 items is good. dont have 40 items. dont have a virus scanner, except to run occasional scans in safe mood or boot mode. kill everything. its all a waste, except for webroot firewall.

Comment

Going Linux next time
                as long as you don't play PC games, linux will be awesome. i use it for everything except gaming and i prefer it to windows

http://www.ubuntu.com/

^this JUST came out, the newest version of Ubuntu linux. you can actually install it as a program in Windows if you want to try it out.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Are you advising us to turn off our anti-virus software so that the next time you link us to one of your malicious conspiracy theory sites your plan to infect our computers will be successful?
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    as long as you don't play PC games, linux will be awesome. i use it for everything except gaming and i prefer it to windows

http://www.ubuntu.com/

^this JUST came out, the newest version of Ubuntu linux. you can actually install it as a program in Windows if you want to try it out.
                    thats what im getting, Ubuntu , i will order the CD/DVD from amazon or an amazon seller. The current hard drive i have will go in the new computer, it can be booted from on demand if windows is needed.

now correct me if im wrong. there is something called Wine (Win for Windows, e for Emulator). i take a guess that Wine can run windows programs, but would error for some regular programs and all complex programs. is that about right?

Are you advising us to turn off our anti-virus software so that the next time you link us to one of your malicious conspiracy theory sites your plan to infect our computers will be successful?
                    How are you going to get a virus? you arent going to get any virus ever, only spyware, and even then, 99% of the time its a tracking cookie, 1% its malware or reg entries. i havent gotten a virus in years, so i dumped virus scanners, they are worthless. what you do is get a disposable virus scanner that you download, unzip (not install), scan in MSCONFIG diagnostic mode, then throw away, and you do that once a month. how the hell are you ever going to get a virus when you have a working firewall on? its a total and utter waste of resources. you not only want one installed but you want one constantly scanning in the tray every time you access something when you will never get a virus.

My computer is the best maintained computer there is. it just happens to be, i know exactly what to do. if you want your computer to work like mine, you need to not have it clogged with shit, and look into things like cleaning, then boot-time compacting your registry, Low-Level defrags (much different than standard defrag), special windows settings, things that people normally dont do besides the common things like spyware scans.

for those who didnt hear: Spybot and Adaware is no longer the best freeware spyware scanners, its now spyware terminator. you need spyware blaster to immunize your firefox from 10,000 tracking cookies, it doesnt run all the time, it just adds those cookies to the blocked list in firefox.

Comment

thats what im getting, Ubuntu , i will order the CD/DVD from amazon or an amazon seller. The current hard drive i have will go in the new computer, it can be booted from on demand if windows is needed.

now correct me if im wrong. there is something called Wine (Win for Windows, e for Emulator). i take a guess that Wine can run windows programs, but would error for some regular programs and all complex programs. is that about right?
                      you can just download the .iso, burn it, and install it. Ubuntu 8.04, the new release, is a big deal because it's the first Ubuntu with LTS (long-term support) since version 6.06, which i installed something like 2.5 years ago. This means that 8.04 will be continually updated and worked on for the next 3 years... so it's going to be THE ubuntu release of choice for awhile.

WINE stands for "WINE is not an emulator", it's a "compatibility layer" for windows (like how java and flash add "compatibility" for .jar and .swf files, WINE allows .exe's to be executed). Some programs are buggy, but most can be run with a few tweaks, like Subspace. There are communities dedicated to porting other games and windows apps to WINE, so you should be good
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                        lol
                        http://www.daylife.com/photo/03N34xz6IO6FI

creepy
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

when getting a new PC, i can just pay anywhere between 4 dollars to 12 dollars just to have a premade one shipped with a nice little case, no downloading, no burning, no DVD burner anyway.

but the real question is, what are linux software download sites, because you cant use search engines to find software, even if you type linux in front of it, youll still get windows results. need about 3 of the best specific sites.

Comment

A week ago the new version was released, as it usually is every 6 months.

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu-8.04-lts-desktop

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition Released

Integrates the Latest Stable Applications with Long Term Support

LONDON, April 21, 2008 – Canonical Ltd. announced the upcoming availability of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition for free download on Thursday 24 April. In related news, Canonical also announced the simultaneous release of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server Edition.

Comment

Working...
                            X