FireFox Users....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox Users....

Go in internet explorer and set everything to high in the privacy and security tabs, or whatever its called in the new version.

This disables everything, including scripts and Active X

thats why you still get a minimum amount of spyware while using firefox, because you didnt do this. IE still runs integrated in other programs, like the ad banners on messengers and other things. even if you use a 3rd party interface for messengers, there could be other things here and there. just disable everything (set everything to "high") as long as you dont use IE.

Originally posted by Tone View Post
    (set everything to "high")

ill get right on that
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

That is not correct. You don't get spyware just because those security settings aren't set to high - you get spyware (and virusses) because you click on "yes" or "install" on advertisement banners / popups.

You can also get spyware/virusses if you use a non-updated Internet Explorer/Firefox on malicious websites (like crack websites that contain malicious scripts). If you always keep your Internet Explorer (use windows update) and Firefox updated, you won't get any spyware if you browse malicious websites (exceptions excluded).

Setting these security settings to high in Internet Explorer will only block about everything you see on websites nowadays.
      Browsing using Internet Explorer (and, keep in mind, as you already said, Internet Explorer is used in other programs that can open websites) will become impossible and impaired.
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420 View Post
        Originally posted by Tone View Post
        (set everything to "high") .
        i'll get right to that
        2 steps ahead of you
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          That is not correct. You don't get spyware just because those security settings aren't set to high - you get spyware (and virusses) because you click on "yes" or "install" on advertisement banners / popups.

You can also get spyware/virusses if you use a non-updated Internet Explorer/Firefox on malicious websites (like crack websites that contain malicious scripts). If you always keep your Internet Explorer (use windows update) and Firefox updated, you won't get any spyware if you browse malicious websites (exceptions excluded).

Setting these security settings to high in Internet Explorer will only block about everything you see on websites nowadays.
          Browsing using Internet Explorer (and, keep in mind, as you already said, Internet Explorer is used in other programs that can open websites) will become impossible and impaired.
          Wrong, i did this and i noticed i NO LONGER get tracking cookies and a registry modification called "spyware bomb" i used to get only minutes to hours after cleaning. it is true that if you use firefox, that you might as well disable everything in IE. i have direct experience of this. Otherwise i would have kept getting the tracking cookies and reg modifications. they came from IE. how i could only guess, maybe come from IE being integrated in programs that use ad banners, like AIM, Yahoo.

This is only something firefox users should do. if you use firefox to browse, you dont need that stuff enabled in IE, because you use firefox to browse and not IE, therefore you dont become impaired, since you use firefox, and not IE.

Comment

Who gives a shit about tracking cookies
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
              Who gives a shit about tracking cookies
              your forgetting this is t0ne your talking about, mr conspiracy theory himself

tracking cookies are probably the government spying on him to cover up his alien abduction
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Once again, you don't get any spyware if you keep your Internet Explorer updated.

Tracking cookies always originate from a specific website, how about not visiting those if you really don't want to get them? Furthermore, tracking cookies don't do any harm to you or your computer. Stop being paranoid.

you might as well disable everything in IE
                Alot of programs use Internet Explorer integration to display .html pages or websites. "Disabling" internet explorer will only give you alot of headaches because of the many prompts you get about cookies and whatnot.
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Working...
                X