MS Excel and autoformatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Excel and autoformatting

Nevermind, the solution was FAR simpler than I was making it to be. It was literally as simple as dragging my cursor...sigh. I'll leave the body here so you can make fun of me. Delete as needed

Howdy folks, I would really appreciate some help with this...

Observe this screenshot:

What I would like excel to do is automatically fill in the following dates when given the initial date. So the next cell(s) will read 6-Jun-08. I'm not having any luck with running date functions. It seems intuitive enough but I can't get it worked out. I could easily get this to work with Java or something but am just too unfamiliar with Excel beyond simply having two cells add together and assigning the sum to another cell, lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Stompa; 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM. Reason: problem solved

Write the next date in the cell underneath and then highlight both of these cells and on the bottom cell at the bottom left hand corner there is a little square drag that down to your desired date adn that should sort you out that how things like this work.
    On the new office that i have 2007 this does not have to be done its just a drag, the older ones work like above.
    Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
      Nevermind, the solution was FAR simpler than I was making it to be. It was literally as simple as dragging my cursor...sigh. I'll leave the body here so you can make fun of me. Delete as needed
      hahaha u failz at excel !!!

surely you must be the 2d spaceship pilot with the lowest e-cred

hahahaahahah
      Last edited by Pressure Drop; 06-20-2008, 05:55 AM.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
        hahaha u failz at excel !!!

surely you must be the 2d spaceship pilot with the lowest e-cred

hahahaahahah
        yeah hes kinda right, you should really know how to use excel, it pz i.e. PD
        Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

i EXCEL at EXCEL

ahfhahfahghafhahfahf
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Word.

Comment

Working...
            X