Polaroid LCD tv probs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaroid LCD tv probs.

So i bought this polaroid tv about a year ago, it was amazing. But in the last month or so when i turn it on i am getting a white screen...

After palying around with the remote i found that if i hit the unput button, it automatically shuts off and after a few repeats of this it coems up witht he blue no input screen then i can switch back to Tv mode and be fine. Kind of like a reset.

But this is working less and less frequently now. Am i fucked? or is there something i can do relatively cheap, or free to fix it?
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

More info... it is quite cool in my room where the TV is... Could this be affecting it at all?
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I would recommend contacting the store / reseller where you bought it or contact the manufacturer directly. Trying to fix the problem yourself will usually void the warranty.
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

white screens like that are generally a sign of fux0red hardware or firmware failure

if it was me i'd type my model number into google with white screen problems and browse some tech forums where ppl have brought up this issue specially if the manufacturer actually hosts a forum (some ones do €$£!***, though it could well be more whining than anything :P )

I know I bought an mp3 player which had a high % of white screen of death on first boot up and I think you either sent it back and got a new one cause they were aware of the problem or maybe there was a firmware fix if you flashed it – can’t remember mine just worked thankfully
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adman View Post
          So i bought this polaroid tv about a year ago, it was amazing. But in the last month or so when i turn it on i am getting a white screen...

After palying around with the remote i found that if i hit the unput button, it automatically shuts off and after a few repeats of this it coems up witht he blue no input screen then i can switch back to Tv mode and be fine. Kind of like a reset.

But this is working less and less frequently now. Am i fucked? or is there something i can do relatively cheap, or free to fix it?
          Oh I had this problem, you have to do a hard reset. The thing is with these LCD tv's they put the reset button in a place you normally wouldnt look. Take a needle and you have to push in the pixel at the bottom left corner of the screen, its really the reset button.

Your welcome
          IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
          yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
          Originally posted by tone
          no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

Working...
          X