Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my computer run ANY game like crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my computer run ANY game like crap.

Trying to play Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst and I thought this computers specs would rock this game on high settings but I'm finding out now that thats not the case at all. I also tried counter strike and it runs terribly as well. Here are two pictures from my dxdiag that will give you my computers specs. I want to know if theres anything wrong with the specs and then go from there.

Cliffs:
    -decent computer specs
    -plays games horribly (even older games)
    -need help pin pointing problem

Pics:
    -
    -

looks fine to me. are you sure you have the latest video drivers and such?
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420 View Post
      looks fine to me. are you sure you have the latest video drivers and such?
      Yesterday I went to Nvidia and got the latest drivers so I have no idea what it is. When I log onto PSO the title screens animation is perfect and then when I log into the game and its running smoothly for like 3 seconds then it slows down to a crawl. It's so frustrating.

Thanks for the quick reply but I already did the whole drivers thing so I'm stumped.

Comment

Wow so I tried to run maplestory and even that lagged. Something is seriously wrong here and it makes me want to cry.

Comment

Maybe its because you are trying to run Vista on a HP Pavillion.

Or it could be because you are trying to run Vista at all.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

graphics card

I'm not totally sure on this. But i beleive you have a intergrated Gfx card , so its running off your system memory. Try Cranking down your rez and screensize to like 640x480 :P. shaderz good luck with. Otherwise find a new dedicated gfx card. Try googling the geforce 7150 might find some info on it. Maybe a bios setting you can change.

Good luck
            Last edited by Witness; 02-15-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The laptop uses an integrated video chip. It will never be able to handle new games well, even though the processor and the memory are pretty fast.
              If you want better game performance i suggest installing windows XP for a few more frames per second.

Comment

Yeah no matter what, intregrated = fail. I try running Runes of Magic on my computer and I get 15 fps if I'm super lucky, normally it's around 2.5-5 fps. It's awful. Integrated ftl.
                sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

aa
                  Last edited by RATTY...; 02-15-2009, 07:40 PM.
                  DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                  Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                  Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                  -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

stfu ratty u know shit

like they said its your integrated gfx, get an actual video card and put it in your laptop and it will run them no problem

Comment

thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it. Its just crazy that just because its an integrated card it affects me this much.

I can't even run maplestory smoothly...

PSO came out in what 99?

I checked the gfx card solution and what I'm hearing is you can't remove an integrated card atleast not this nvidia card and there are no expansion slots in the laptop so I believe I am boned hard.

I don't get it though look at the specs on this desktop, I played Team Fortress 2, PSO, and countless other games on it perfectly fine.

Is it really my gfx card? Srsly?
                      Last edited by Cleve-YB; 02-15-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

god why can't I find an answer to this!?

Nail in the fucking coffin man. I tried to play trench wars just a second ago and its playable but its fucking choppy as hell. what the fuck!?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleve-YB View Post
                          god why can't I find an answer to this!?

Nail in the fucking coffin man. I tried to play trench wars just a second ago and its playable but its fucking choppy as hell. what the fuck!?
                          SS should be playable no matter what, if getting the latest drivers doesn't work, try to format and try again. If it's still choppy while playing SS, it's prolly some hardware problems.
                          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

what antivirus do u have? get rid of it and see if that helps

since its vista and u have onboard gfx and vista uses alot of memory yea ur kinda screwed

maybe the newest drivers arent any good, try rolling them back

dont reformat, thats what computer newbs do

defrag? spyware? clean ur registry?

Comment

vista is a piece of shit, upgrade to windows 7 and get your memory back.

also. when people tell you the answer is blah, dont then ask why this other computer with different settings works fine, i work in tech support and people like you make me want to slit my wrists
                              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                              (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                              X