Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goddamn fucking packetloss

PING Current:70 ms Average:70 ms Low:40 ms High:300 ms S2C: 1.0% C2S: 0.0%

tl;dr version: phone line was buzzing, at&t repaired it, packets still getting lost. call at&t again, let my isp continue trying to diagnose it or do something else (please specify)?

full version: this 1.0% s2c has been going on for a week now, it's not network congestion or anything like that. and it's not just plain packetloss, it's also weird spikes that disconnect me every so often. i noticed a buzzing on my phone line around the time it started, and every hour or so my internet would completely cut out and my phone would do an odd half-ring. at&t came out and the technician said the issue is probably not inside my wall jack and swapped me over to another line in the interface box. the buzzing is gone but the disconnects remain (although they happen a bit less frequently now), as does the packetloss. i've rebooted everything several times, swept repeatedly for spyware, yada yada. no good. i can't play anything with this latency, and even browsing the forums has become a chore. this isn't just a "my route to tw sucks" thing, this is a "pretty much my whole internet has taken a dump" thing. so what the fuck?

my isp has attempted to diagnose the problem but they insist that since their local server can ping me with no latency or packetloss issues the problem must be on my end. i can either keep sitting here with my thumb up my ass while they continue pinging me during peak hours trying to duplicate my issue or call at&t back out so they can re-examine the jack. i really don't think the modem/nic/anything of that nature crapped out on me but if you have any other suggestions post them here (only if you know what you're talking about) and if you turn out to be correct i'll owe you a rimjob.
    Last edited by PH; 05-18-2009, 12:17 AM.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

crying to us always fixes your connection :greedy:

Comment

die in a parmesan avalanche
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

dsl im assuming?
        Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
        1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
        Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
        caco <ER>> )Oo
        caco <ER>> bot thief!
        caco <ER>> duel me for it
        Evasive <E> no!
        Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

yes

and the filter's not the problem, i've tried three of them

Comment

ive dealt with the same thing at a clients house before. your going to end up either switching isps or moving cause the phone co wont fix shit.

if i recall i did fix it once by canceling voicemail service on the phone (it makes a clicky dialtone, modem didnt approve)
            Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
            1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
            Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
            caco <ER>> )Oo
            caco <ER>> bot thief!
            caco <ER>> duel me for it
            Evasive <E> no!
            Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

loooolz i had a problem with ATT not staying connected for more than 5 mins liek a month ago... after 4 techs at my door and one outside tech at the box they seem to have it fixed

Comment

i turned my modem upside down, problem solved

Comment

Lol

Comment

u can still dd with 1% dunno why u crying. that lag is nice
                    5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                    5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                    5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                    5:Melanoma> aight cool
                    5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                    5:Oops> what?
                    5:Melanoma> ye
                    5:Oops> you serious?
                    5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                    5:Melanoma> fu
                    5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                    5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

from subtronic

<FONT FACE="Courier">
                      <PRE>
                      Hop IP Address Host Name Sent Recv RTT Av RTT Min RTT Max RTT % Loss

1 *.*.*.* launchmodem 10 10 0ms 0ms 0ms 0ms 0%
                      2 *.*.*.* ntk 10 10 22ms 21ms 21ms 23ms 0%
                      3 70.159.215.32 [Unknown] 10 10 23ms 22ms 22ms 23ms 0%
                      4 70.159.215.249 [Unknown] 10 10 22ms 22ms 22ms 29ms 0%
                      5 205.152.46.35 [Unknown] 10 10 23ms 22ms 22ms 27ms 0%
                      6 65.83.237.18 axr01msy-7-3-0.bellsouth.net 10 10 26ms 29ms 26ms 55ms 0%
                      7 65.83.236.60 pxr00apx-so-0-0-0.bellsouth.net 10 10 26ms 26ms 26ms 27ms 0%
                      8 65.83.238.142 [Unknown] 10 10 26ms 26ms 25ms 30ms 0%
                      9 12.123.34.18 cr1.ormfl.ip.att.net 10 1 37ms 37ms 37ms 37ms 90%
                      10 12.122.31.29 cr2.attga.ip.att.net 10 1 39ms 39ms 39ms 39ms 90%
                      11 12.122.140.97 ggr2.attga.ip.att.net 10 1 46ms 46ms 46ms 46ms 90%
                      12 192.205.33.30 [Unknown] 10 10 38ms 36ms 35ms 38ms 0%
                      13 193.251.128.114 xe-3-1-2-0.ashtr1.Ashburn.opentransit.net 10 10 57ms 56ms 47ms 82ms 0%
                      14 193.251.243.230 te11-1.ashse2.Ashburn.opentransit.net 10 1 51ms 51ms 51ms 51ms 90%
                      15 66.36.224.177 ge3-1.core1.iad1.hopone.net 10 1 50ms 50ms 50ms 50ms 90%
                      16 --- [No response] --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      17 --- [No response] --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      18 66.36.241.110 sls-cb9p7.dca2.superb.net 9 9 52ms 53ms 51ms 56ms 0%
                      </PRE>
                      </FONT>

ps. it is bad luck to curse G

Comment

Working...
                      X