AMD owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isreal
    yea, mine is still on guarntee too. though i think my motherboard got fried once, but the CPU is still good.
    Heh, how do you know it's still good? Motherboard should fry after the CPU.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
      If you have the same probmem I had, your CPU is fried man.

The fan went wack once. Changed the fan, and on starting the CPU had the same problem as yours. Thankfully the CPU was still under guarentee.
      Got to love Celerons, I can use my 1.7 as a 2.4 and if it ever burns out I can get a new one on my warrantee or if my warrantee runs out I just have to pay 99$ for a new one. god bless extended warrantees.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
        Heh, how do you know it's still good? Motherboard should fry after the CPU.
        well, it's still working as far as i can notice..
        Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
          get some of that thermal reduction grease.

Maybe you gotta do that?
          When I got my 2000+ with a Volcano 9, my CPU was heating like hell, I wondered why.

1. I didnt put any thermal compound at all. It was my first descent computer since a Pentium 233, so I didnt think i would need to put that. I first tried the compound included with the fan, which gave so-so results. Then I bought an Arctic Silver III tube, put it in, and after 4 months, my cpu is still running at 35 degrees.

2. When I bought that 2000+ I had a small case (3 5" slots), and with that Volcano 9 on, there was like less than one centimeter of distance between the top of the cpu fan and the side of the power supply; so the CPU would hardly 'breathe', and it was stuck with that hot air it was producing.
          Bilange> i love getting repped
          Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
          ----
          Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

AMDs are faster for gaming yes but thery're extremly hot and the amd motherboards suck . Although AMD 2400+ XP cpu (AMDs 3rd fastest CPU) just got 150$ cheaper last week.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

wut
              Mongrel

mongolian cash of Syndicate

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
                amd motherboards suck
                I know somebody who has an Asus a7v133 (With a T-bird 1100 mhz), and its hella stable.

Then thought I would be in business with an A7v8X. I guess I was wrong.
                Bilange> i love getting repped
                Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
                ----
                Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

AMD motherboards are so hard to put into cases. I just don't like working with them.

Comment

$

I orderd the Volcano, and.. it did reduce the temp to 59c,
                    but the lab guy from the computer shop i buy from still wasn't happy.
                    So apprently (according to what he told me) he tried like all the heatsinks and fans he has in
                    diffrent combenations, untill he found one that reduced it to 53c.
                    And luckly for me it didn't cost a dime, cause somehow my fan was still under warenteen or something.

All well, ends well.
                    Thank you to all of you for the help
                    -Is
                    Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Working...
                    X