Can someone help me PLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me PLZ

i am slightly annoyed... and i hope someone can eleviate my 'pissed off-ness'
    k, this is what happened, i use a programme called Exact Audio Copy to convert cd's i borrow to mp3. when i moved to uni i couldn't reach their database to get cd track/names straight away. my friend had a look and told me to input some details... (domain and port no.)
    so i was thinking this might help out my packetloss situatuion on ss, so under view>proxy settings, in the subspace menus. i entered these same details, now when i load continuum the lightning sound occurs then it bombs out, so i cant even change the details back... i have tried re-installing, and tried looking at the files in my subspace folder for something that looked like proxy settings..... help mE!!!!!

cheers
    -Sponic

If I remember right there isn't some type of proxy.dat file (could be wrong ;P) But if you just want to wipe it...

Go into the ss folder save any zone/maps/lvz/macros/keyconfigs/whatever to a backup folder.
    Uninstall ss
    Go to where the folder was, delete everything
    Search your comp for any ss files and delete them (void of backup files)
    Reinstall (mabye to a different dir)
    Open ss to see if it works - if it does put your files back in (macros etc.)
    Start messing around with proxy stuff again

Vitron

Comment

If that doesnt work.... then shame on you... you got hacked
      -------------------------------------------

Washington Webteam
           - http://crwash.org

Comment

Tech support
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i have tried out your suggestions...
          and none have worked, basically the window appears with nothing in it, then after 10-15seconds it goes to not responding.
          and i'd be suprised if anyone hacked me... there uni has a firewall up. but, i dont know much about these type if things so its a possibility.
          cheers, also if i cant resolve this who should i email?
          -Sponic

Comment

i fixed it, had to mess with the registry.... thanks anyway guys.
            -Sponic

Comment

Working...
            X