Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to make a custom tileset for a map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to make a custom tileset for a map?

I know, it's not what you're thinking. I know how to make tilesets for maps, etc, but this is different.

I got sick of the drab grey colors of the ?go base arena, so I decided to open it up in Subspace Tile Editor and see if I could edit the tiles and use them in the arena. But as I expected, changing the base.lvl file at all makes the game redownload the base.lvl file as soon as you go into the arena.

Is there any other way to change the "skin" of the base? I changed a bunch of other things (like the bullets, mines, energy bar, etc) but I can't figure out how to change the map colors (if you even can).

Any help?
    sdg

When you go into an arena that .lvl file gets downloaded into the zones folder in your continuum directory, sooooo... save your editted version of the map in a different folder so it doesn't get overwritten when you go back into the arena and download the old map again

Tech Support
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Ummmmm I know about that... but that's not what I want to do.

I want to change the color of ?go base in the actual TW zone (only for me). Is that possible? I know how to do it with all of the other graphics, but not the tiles.
      sdg

Comment

nah you wont be able to stab

cause the second you go to the zone, it checks to see if the map is the same as whats stored in your zone file in continuum, as you know...so it will auto download it immediately
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Yeah I thought so... I just thought there had to be some way to do it.
          sdg

Comment

You can however use your special bullets gfx and what not. In your SSCU tw folder, create another folder called "base" or "base2" depending on the arena. Then make sure your graphics are the default names, such as ships.bm2. Put these files in you base or base2 folder and you should be set.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
            X