Fucked up video file..need help getting rid of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucked up video file..need help getting rid of it

I downloaded this Dave Chapelle clip and when I tried to play it, an error came up and said it couldn't be read. Then I tried to delete it, and my comp said " Unable to delete file, another person or program is using it. Please end any programs that might be using it and try again". So I start thinking it's a virus of some sort, so I run Norton and Ad-aware.Nothing. Then I run Spybot.Nothing. I closed all programs except the system ones and still can't delete it. Any tips on how to get rid of it?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Most likely whatever program you used to download it is running without you knowing about it, they are very tricky with those.

Comment

I downloaded it with Kazaa Lite, but even when I exit out how can it still be using it? Any ideas how to stop it? Fucking Kazaa Lite. Why do people have to be dicks and spread this shit

EDIT: I removed Kazaa Lite from my programs and it still won't go away. Damn this is pissing me off.
      Last edited by Liquid Blue; 01-04-2004, 04:13 AM.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Holy shit, I think I got rid of it. I just had to uninstall Kazaa Lite, and delete the sharing folder and all it's contents (the stupid file was in there). Hopefully it won't pop up later on, but I'mnot using KL for awhile..if ever again.

Comment

You probably could have just rebooted the computer. I don't know if you did or not; you didn't say.
          sdg

Comment

yeah rebooting the computer can work if you delete it right after doing it, but you still have the problem of kazaa lite sharing your stuff without you being aware of it and bumping up your lag so you can't play subspace.

Comment

It's pretty logic that the file was in your shared folder since you downloaded it with kazaa...you didn't have to delete your whole shared folder, you just could have looked for that file
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I don't think you understand the problem cundor.

Comment

I probably don't but it's YOU that i Love sleepz
                  I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Make sure the player that you were trying to play it in is closed, or it's not in playlists etc.
                    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                    cool koen> :)
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    cool koen> not because of a bug
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    PubAceR> women in power dont last
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

I can't delete a file, now what?

That usually means the file is in use.

Try the following things:

- Completely shut down Kazaa and try to remove it again.
                      - If running Windows XP/2000/NT make sure you have permissions to delete the file.
                      - Run ScanDisk and try to remove it again.
                      - Reboot in Safe-Mode and try to delete the file.
                      - Reboot your computer with a bootdisk and try to delete the file from the command-prompt. You can download a Windows 98 bootdisk here. This bootdisk will work on all Windows versions.
                      Last edited by NaiLed; 01-04-2004, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Tech support
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                        X